Recent Mod Pics!!!

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the gap in your wheel and compare it to the appropriate size brake/wheel combo below. If you wanna complete the look fix that.

x09ch_cr082.jpg

Chuck. I agree it would look nice for sure but I dont have $15k for brakes. I will do 2 piece rotors soon but will have to settle for small stock size:2tu:

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wayne get up on your balcony there! I wanna see how that hood looks from above!:2tu:

--RS

Little rainy so I couldnt get a pic from the deck outside but here is one from inside my garage. Hope it helps:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks Steve and Ryan:2tu:. On a side not the vents where also painted bright silver metallic to match the stripes:drive: And rotors are not far away:headbang:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great! I'd still like to see a red pinstripe on both sides of the main stripe. Are those silver louvers in the hood or the stock black? I'm ready for the next Cars n Coffee after a boring December.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey blackmoon did you get any coilovers yet? I had the red pin stripes bought but sold the car before installing them so never got the pics of that. That was the high rise Vipair hood so it came with the silver mesh vents but I had them painted bright silver metallic to match the stripes perfectly. Tell you the truth wish I still had that 06 so I could finally have twin turbos. Turns out the Gen 4 block wont hold the boost so as long as I have this 08 I wont get to feel the turbo way of life.

Wish we lived closer so I could go to some of the C&C events. Dont have anything like that here in the sticks =-(

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my Motons yesterday. They look great. Now I need to decide on the spring length and rate that will be suited for the street and some light track. I also need to buy canister mounts or have some made that will bolt to the crossbar under the hood. Any sugestions on either would be helpful. BTW spacers look great. What did those set you back if you don't mind me asking?.........Sal

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sal, I would go 8" springs with helper springs, 500# front and 750# or 800# rears. I have 550# & 850# springs ordered but Im going even lower and have the ACR wing and splitter going on mine too. I wont be tracking and care more about ride comfort so thats why Im staying light in the rear springs(unlike the ACR it comes with 1000# rears). Anyway just use 12" black zip ties to mount yourfront canisters to the cross bar. It looks clean and easy to cut them loose to fine tune the pressure. Nadar mounts are bad ass but expensive. I have aluminum coil mounts for the front and rear of mine and at like $20 each cant go wrong........Wayne :2tu:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What springs are you running now? Eibachs? Just sell me yours when the new ones come in LOL

Where I bought them suggested 6" w/ helpers. I don't think helpers would be needed if I used 8". My Motons are the 2 way adjustable. Compression on the remote tank and Rebound on the shaft end (which I can't figure out how to adjust. they isn't a wheel)

Hey Sal, I would go 8" springs with helper springs, 500# front and 750# or 800# rears. I have 550# & 850# springs ordered but Im going even lower and have the ACR wing and splitter going on mine too. I wont be tracking and care more about ride comfort so thats why Im staying light in the rear springs(unlike the ACR it comes with 1000# rears). Anyway just use 12" black zip ties to mount yourfront canisters to the cross bar. It looks clean and easy to cut them loose to fine tune the pressure. Nadar mounts are bad ass but expensive. I have aluminum coil mounts for the front and rear of mine and at like $20 each cant go wrong........Wayne :2tu:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't send PM's. It says my space is full. I deleted all but 50 and it still won't let me.

Tom, if you read this please send me a price on the brackets.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure my motons have 8" springs but I will double check that next time I pull my wheels to clean. I have 7" rears coming in but its what was available when I called. It really doesnt matter in the length but Id def go with helpers to insure your springs always stay seated. Yeah Im running eibachs but gonna hang on to all my srpings for future use. The rebound is adjustable by sticking a small allen wrench in the cogged wheel just under the top mount inside the slotted hole. Your gonna be soooo happy when you get these babies installed. Make sure and check your pressures before driving too much. In fact to be safe Id bleed off all pressure and have a fresh nitrogen fill done. Im fine tuning mine going with 170 front and 190 rear when I install the new springs.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I set them soft - 2 clicks like the written directions stated. I can't wait until I can get some springs on and try them out. My bad decrepid old injured back was making driving the car more and more difficult. Thank you to Fred and Cindi Lx for selling me a used set of Motons at an affordable price.

Looking at Eibach's site they have different spring setups for the coil overs.

EIBACH DOUBLE-SPRING SYSTEM
Suspension tuning is a precise balance. On one hand, the spring system should be soft enough to absorb track irregularities assuring maximum adhesion, while on the other hand the spring system must be firm enough to reduce the body roll, squat, and dive of the vehicle during cornering, acceleration and braking. For optimum balance, Eibach has developed the ERS double-spring system. By combining Eibach Main, Tender and/or Helper springs, the suspension engineer or weekend racer can create the perfect combination of spring rates for the ultimate suspension set-up. With our extensive range of motorsport spring sizes and rates—our ERS double-spring system is unsurpassed in performance and flexibility. For Off-Road racing where extreme wheel travel is a must—combining two different rate main springs gives you the softer rate required for small bumps and a stiffer final rate to prevent bottoming on the bigger bumps and jumps.

EIBACH MAIN AND TENDER SYSTEM
The Eibach Main and Tender spring concept provides a softer initial rate when both springs are compressed together, then delivers the desired firmer final rate once the tender spring closes completely. The Main spring has a linear-rate characteristic and determines the final rate of the system. The Tender springs are available in linear or progressive-rate (shown) and determine the initial rate of the spring-system.

EIBACH MAIN AND HELPER SYSTEM
A Helper spring is used to prevent the Main spring from becoming loose in the spring seat when the suspension is unloaded or at full droop. The Helper spring, unlike the Tender spring, has very little spring rate, and therefore has no effect on the suspension characteristics of the vehicle. Up to 2" (50mm) of spring-to-perch gap can be covered with the use of a helper spring.

HYPERCO is another good brand of spring that you may want to check out.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ID spring are you using 2.25" or 2.5"? I guess I could measure the cups but wanted an easy answer. Thanks

Pretty sure my motons have 8" springs but I will double check that next time I pull my wheels to clean. I have 7" rears coming in but its what was available when I called. It really doesnt matter in the length but Id def go with helpers to insure your springs always stay seated. Yeah Im running eibachs but gonna hang on to all my srpings for future use. The rebound is adjustable by sticking a small allen wrench in the cogged wheel just under the top mount inside the slotted hole. Your gonna be soooo happy when you get these babies installed. Make sure and check your pressures before driving too much. In fact to be safe Id bleed off all pressure and have a fresh nitrogen fill done. Im fine tuning mine going with 170 front and 190 rear when I install the new springs.