ReChroming Gen I rear wheels

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greetings Viper fanatics. Does anyone know or have you used a reputable vendor that will rechrome wheels? I know it costs big bucks and a lot of places won't do it due to the labor involved removing the old chrome. My rear Gen I 3 spoke wheels are just starting to peel in one spot and I would like to get them redone. The peel is where the spokes join the rim and you can't really see it unless you're looking. I'm in the Northern Va/East Coast area and wondering if anyone has had this done and how much should I expect to pay for 2 wheels getting rechromed.
Or does any one have 2 stock painted rears they want to unload for a good price and I'll send them out if it's cheaper than rechroming?
I love the Gen I 3 spokers in chrome.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Would like to find a reputable and reasonably priced vendor if that's possible.
Thanks and enjoy the weekend. :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strip the chrome and polish them. You'll never have to worry about peeling and polished looks better than that blingy chrome crap anyway.

OP
OP
V

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll call them Monday for a price. Thanks guys. If I had the stock painted I could trade for chromes for a grand or less sometimes with LA Wheel. They won't swap for already chromed ones though. :dunno:

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 for California Chrome, Ask for John to assist you with re-chroming.