Recommendations on Dallas area stereo installer

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk about audio upgrades has got me looking to do a component speaker upgrade in my 2000 RT/10. I have heard good things about the MB Quart speakers and stopped at the Car Toys outlet which carries them. They said the speaker upgrade into the MB Quart Q series and installation will run about $1000.

I am naturally a little tentative about turning over the Viper to just anybody for the install. Anybody have any recommendations on a good installer?

Thanks

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And please dont spend $1000 on a pair of components! Unless you are a serious conisseur of audio equipment you will not be able to tell enough difference between those quarts and a set of less expensive speakers. If you like quart, and they are great speakers, try some of their less expensive models first! Do a search on ebay and you will find some good deals. You can also try www.thezeb.com or www.audio-n-more.com for some great online retailers with great prices.

I went with eclipse components in my car as I was able to hear them first. And similar to what John said, the audio store owner I used is also a viper owner! Side note: The 6.5" aftermarket speakers would not fit easily in my doors without modification so I went with the 5.25" and they slipped right in neat and tidy. The tweeter required some customization to fit properly in the stock hole also.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I posted info about my recent install so I won't repeat that here. I listened to many different setups and speaker systems (including the MB Quart series) but was really blown away with the Polk MOMO components. After the guys in the shop installed my system, they were so impressed that they went out and bought them for their own cars. Besides the great sound, they look really good.

I picked this particular shop (Auto Retail Center in MD) because of their previous experience with Viper installations. I asked a lot of questions and it was obvious they had dealt with the idiosyncrasies of the RT/10.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
J

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will definitely head down to the Car Stereo Store. Definitely a plus if the owner is a Viper owner.

And Jay - awesome setup in your Explorer. Must be quite something to listen to.

The component speaker upgrade struck me as the first thing to do, but perhaps an amplifier upgrade will in the works also. Being in an RT/10, you definitely listen to a higher volume while on the road.

Since I am definitely have to do more research on the audio options, it will be a plus to check out other dealers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang