Red or Black Calipers?

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some how the preivous owner "melted" something on my calipers. They look terriable. So need to have them refinished. Sould I go with red with black letters or black with red letters. I plan to either chrome the wheels I have or go with black chrome because the stock haze is starting to get to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Open to any thoughts.

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if the calipers could be chromed. That wold be a sweet look. With black or frosted letters

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is a 03 - calipers where black, I like the red on your car just my opinion. I had a 03 and I painted them red they looked great.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it is a 03 - calipers where black, I like the red on your car just my opinion. I had a 03 and I painted them red they looked great.

Yea it's a 03. Just haven't had a chance to find any good red with caliper pics. Just didn't know if it was going to be too much red.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if the calipers could be chromed. That wold be a sweet look. With black or frosted letters

I know motorcycle calipers get chromed but not sure if chrome is what I want. Not much of a chrome guy anymore as you can see what I did to my bike.

You must be registered for see images

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a caliper search or just look at any 04 to 09 red cars like yours. I like red better because it goes with your body and engine color.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know motorcycle calipers get chromed but not sure if chrome is what I want. Not much of a chrome guy anymore as you can see what I did to my bike.

I LOVE the BLACK look on your bike...but I'd go with RED calipers on the Viper~! ~juli

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red with black letters, matches the theme of your car better than black with red letters. Look at the members gallery you will see tons of Vipers with red calipers. Oh also look in the Wheel thread, has lots of good ones there also. I may be partial to red but you will see that others wish they had red instead of black.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a distance shot of my red calipers. You for sure wont be able to notice them as much if you go black.

Shags

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I vote red...just changed mine from black to red a few weekends ago. JonB also hooked me up with some two piece rotors and it really made a big difference even with stock wheels.

Pics are just as I was completing the project in the driveway so car/wheels are a bit dirty, but you get the idea.

Shags

Attachments

• DSCF0056.jpg
    DSCF0056.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF0057.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 19

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a distance shot of my red calipers. You for sure wont be able to notice them as much if you go black.

Wow what a picture!!! Thats got to be what it looks like when the gates of heaven open up. :2tu:

Red calipers is the way to go... especially on a red car. Either way wont look bad... it is a Viper. :headbang: