Red Shift Light ?

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have shifted my SRT and have seen the red shift light come on. I have now used this as a gauge for serious shifting for speed. It comes on at 5600 rpms. I have used this as a guide and have not hit the rev limiter. The shifts are very positive and powerful. This light was not on my 2000 GTS viper. I would appreciate any comments or expertise by anyone who has bothered to drive their new SRT hard enough to see the red arrow appear!
All comments will be appreciated.
RIW
:ooo:

2003 SRT black
2000 GTS black - sold
2002 ZO6 yellow
1993 ZR1 anniv.
1967 427 yellow convert.
2003 AMG E55 coming in June

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the upshift light on the early car would illuminate for shifting to achieve the best fuel economy. If your light illuminates @ 5600 then most likely once your brain processes that information you'd be shifting at or around 5800 which is probably the optimal rev for that car to achieve it's best performance. I hope I'm making sense...

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Many times my red light comes on and not to much after it comes on you hit the rev limiter. i hate that but it beets blowing the motor......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The RED SRT/10 upshift lite is yet 1 more proof that MOTORSPORTS GODS Rule PVO.

PVO was a bit 'rightously indignant' about having to install the federally mandated 1st-to-4th "skip shif" and the illuminated amber upshift lite. This lite basically asks you to shift at low-rpms to save gas. And it forces the shift at certain RPMS/throttle positions

So they turned lemons to lemonade: They used the same programming exercise to and panel to add a stealthy RED shift light at the PEAK powerband, as kind of a "TAKE THAT" to the feds! As far as I know, this is the 1st such OEM up-shift device.

I dont even know if it is addressed in the owners manual......

You GOTTA LOVE PVO !!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOn - nice to see you posting again.

Don't remember seeing it in the owners manual either. Nice touch!

OP
OP
R

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red shift light on page ............

:ooo:
Red shift light is in the manual on page 74.
Glad to see that there are a few of us that actually drive this car hard enough to see this light go on.
riw

2003 SRT black
2000 GTS black - sold
2002 ZO6 yellow
1993 ZR1 anniv.
1967 427 yellow convert.
2003 AMG E55 ARRIVED TODAY!!!!

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Red shift light on page ............

That is the way i look at it if ya can't drive it then why buy it.I have a stretch of road by my house and every time i get there it is 150+MPH LOVE IT.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Red shift light on page ............

Glad to see that there are a few of us that actually drive this car hard enough to see this light go on.
riw
Is there really another way to drive a Viper? :shocked:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper