Relief from brake dust...FINALLY!!!

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed new pads on the front of my 95 RT/10 and now there is no more brake dust!:headbang:
CarQuest and Akebono have got together and now you can get Akebono pads right from CQ. The original request showed no Ceramic available for my car, however my CQ rep did some digging and found that there IS a set of ceramic available. The part # is PCD592. After a nice drive last night about 70 miles, I am happy to report there is NO BRAKE DUST on my front wheels! I did not notice any real measurable difference in performance over the stock pads either. After just a 15-20 mile ride with the old stock pads, and I could always write my name in the brake dust:omg:. So this is a BIG gain. Just wanted to share with everyone.

Again the part # at CarQuest is PCD592 for front pads. I believe they were around $65 for those wondering.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to go SRT calipers front and rear here soon. Any supply for those using that compound?

Not sure, however if you call any CarQuest store and give them year/model info, they should know. If you run into much difficulty, let me know the info and I'll put my guy on it, he is very resourceful.:2tu: