removal of wipers

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1st you have to lift the cover that is over the base. It can be very tight but after a little work you will get it to come up. They you can undo the bolt, or screw I forget which it is. then just be care full because they are pressed on and will take a smooth and straight up tug to get off. I don't think that I left anything out, but if I did some one feel free to correct me.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A small, cheap battery cable puller can save the day...they have 3 feet, and the feet are plastic coated.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Steve said.

Mine were like welded on......thought I was going to lift the car up trying to get them off until I used the old battery terminal puller, then slick as eel sh*t they came off.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The covers can be tight, I agree, but you can manage it. As for pulling the wipers off, you have to rock them back and forth to get them off. The service manual suggests this I believe. Do not loose patience. Slow and steady. It will come off.

Be careful with the Valence-cowl (as it is called in the manual). When you get it off, you may notice a sticker on the back side of it from when they put the car together. Just one of the fun things that you will find when doing maintenance on the vehicle.

For replacement, remember to put the drivers side on top of the passenger side wiper, otherwise they will hit during operation. Just a hint.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For replacement, remember to put the drivers side on top of the passenger side wiper, otherwise they will hit during operation. Just a hint.

When I put mine back on a couple days ago, I couldn't remember which went on top and had to look at old pictures of my car to see :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc