Remove Tire Pressure Sensors W/O Dismounting Tires?

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the sensors be removed by completely deflating the tire and reaching through?

Was thinking I could mark where the tires are on the rim, release air, take out sensors and then sell my stock wheels/tires without having to take to a tire shop to re-balance.

Am I going to have a tough time getting the sensors out or is it worth it to just buy new sensors and get them reprogramed in my new wheels?

Thanks for your advice!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have a tire machine with a pneumatic arm, you can use the arm to break the bead and push the tire down, allowing you to replace the sensor without taking the tire off. Just dont drop it. :D

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the tire was balanced with the sensor mounted inside the wheel, wouldn't you then throw off the balance by removing sensor (weight and placement)?

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think you can push the tire down with no special tools? U cannot.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes perhaps you are right!

how much are new sensors for a gen III?

I was told that reprogramming is about 50?

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I ordered my new wheels the wheel place just swapped them over and re balanced the wheels. Im pretty sure they dismounted the old ones. especially the rear. What wheels did you find?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
your best bet would be to just buy new sensors for about 50.00 each and keep the other ones in the stock wheels. I guess if you added it up it would be cheaper to remove the stock ones and to mount them with the new wheels but seems like way to much bs to save a couple bucks