Removing Air Bag Stickers from Sun Visors

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

It doesnt seem like a sticker that wants to peel off. Would it require a heat gun or blow drier?

Dont want to damage the sun visors but would like to get the stickers off as they look tacky.

If it is illegal, I dont really care FYI haha

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I peeled mine off very slowly but it left an area the size of the sticker that was darker than the rest of the visors. Tried some black shoe polish on the visor but it never really blended in well.. Could still see dark spot.
That said, I have been told after the fact that heating the sticker up with a hair dryer before removal helps prevent that. Don't know why I didn't think of it at the time because I know that's how to get stickers off most anything.
Finally I just took the visors off, pulled the frame apart and flipped the visor over and put it on the opposite side (driver to passenger side and passenger side to drivers side making the sticker side now up towards the roof. Notice the sticker says something about children should be put in the backseat?? Guess they use the same warning for all they're cars. Lol. This was on an 08

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a heat gun with the visors removed from the car. You have to get them hot but be carefull. The label is really hot when you start to peel it off, so you wont be able to hold onto the label very long but keep at it and it will come off. Once off, I think I cleaned the spot with alcohol, its been a while. When I was done, you couldn't tell they were ever there.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you have an RT/10 or Vert, those sun visors are pretty useless.

Best thing is to just remove them. The interior will feel much more spacious, and you don't need to deal with the stickers.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped my left and right visors so that the decal is not normally visible.; If yo usearch " sun visor decal" on eBay, you may find a plain black decal to put on top of what you have.You also might think of making your own, along the lines of the following. I bet you could sell a few here if made Viper relevant.

(Jeep: )
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A gentleman near me has a very entertaining sticker placed over the warning on his Gen II RT/10. "This Viper is equipped with a V10 engine. Due to possible breathing problems under heavy acceleration, all female passengers are advised to remove any tight-fitting or constrictive clothing for safety." There is a pictorial to the side of this caption.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A gentleman near me has a very entertaining sticker placed over the warning on his Gen II RT/10. "This Viper is equipped with a V10 engine. Due to possible breathing problems under heavy acceleration, all female passengers are advised to remove any tight-fitting or constrictive clothing for safety." There is a pictorial to the side of this caption.

I had this on my Corvette receipts binder haha!

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How easy is it to swap the visors, are there instructions? I think I may do that instead of possibly messing up the visors as I do have a vert and want to keep them. Im keeping the car as close to stock as possible!

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea Paul, I'll use sisters hair dryer when I go home for Christmas, wish me luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4