Replaced my Mats

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave up trying to keep my driver's side floor mat from sliding up beneath my brake and accelerator pedals. In addition to the obvious danger issues, it was proving to be way too annoying. So I removed it, and then went looking for a replacement. I found that the North California VCA was offering floor mats (rear deck mats too) as a means to acquire some additional funds for their Club. Nothing wrong with that. I opted not just for a replacement driver's side floor mat, but the whole shebang. Got both floor mats and a rear deck mat, all in black instead of Cognac, which is my Viper's natural interior color. I thought the black would be a nice contrast.

The postman delivered the mats last evening, and they were very impressive with respect to overall quality. They were a bit more plush than the originals, but were not shag - just a more luxurious weave. I was at first concerned that they might not fit, due to the fact they were slightly longer than the originals. But after installation, it became apparent the originals were actually on the small scale, and there was more than ample room for the floor mats. The fit was snug, but perfect.

Today I tried them out (Any excuse to take the Viper out ....). I'm happy to report - no slippage. So this is a success story.

North California VCA offers these mats for all Generation Vipers, in a variety of colors. I think all Sneaky Peak and Fang logos are available, as are an additional non-standard logos, of which I opted to go with one. I thought about a red Sneaky Pete, since my Viper is red. But a very colorful VOI, 4 Sneaky Pete caught my eye, and I decided to get it. It is "Eye-popping" and might not be everyone's cup of tea. But it worked for me.

Any way, wanted to pass along this info in case other Texan Viper owners were experiencing the frustration I was with the driver's side floor mat sliding up beneath the pedals. Or, if you just need to replace old mats, you might want to take a look. This just might be the ticket.

You can order just the floor mats; just the rear deck mat; or all. And there is a VCA member discount. Shipping cost is very reasonable.

http://norcalviperclub.org/docs/MatOrderForm-5-08.pdf

I ordered mats for a Gen 2 GTS:

Attachments

• Old-&-New-Floor-Mats.jpg
    Old-&-New-Floor-Mats.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 15
  • New-Floor-Mats.jpg
    New-Floor-Mats.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 19
  • New-Rear-Deck-Mat.jpg
    New-Rear-Deck-Mat.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DS-FM-Installed.jpg
    DS-FM-Installed.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Installed-Rear-Deck-Mat.jpg
    Installed-Rear-Deck-Mat.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 14

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those mats are the best I have seen. Thick, plush and no sliding. Well done! That has been my first mod on every Viper I have owned.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike do the mats come with the factory hole on the bottom?

No. I rationalized on the original mat, the hole was so you could tie the mat to a post or something somewhere underneath the driver's seat?
On the new mat, there is no hole, but I can't see a use for one. Because the new mat is longer than the original, once in place, it is snug as a bug. It will not move. So I Don't think a hole is necessary. But, it would not be difficult at all to put one in, along with a grommet to keep the edges of the hole from wearing over time. Just really don't see the need for one at this time.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike do the mats come with the factory hole on the bottom?

No. I rationalized on the original mat, the hole was so you could tie the mat to a post or something somewhere underneath the driver's seat?
On the new mat, there is no hole, but I can't see a use for one. Because the new mat is longer than the original, once in place, it is snug as a bug. It will not move. So I Don't think a hole is necessary. But, it would not be difficult at all to put one in, along with a grommet to keep the edges of the hole from wearing over time. Just really don't see the need for one at this time.

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look very nice! Are they available in a Fangs version?

Yes, the two floor mats and the rear deck mat can all be custom ordered with the "Fangs" emblem.
There is an order form with every color combination and every emblem combination they offer. I think pretty much all Generation Vipers are covered and represented, with a few extra options, such as the one I chose.

Northern California VCA: http://norcalviperclub.org/docs/MatOrderForm-5-08.pdf