Response from Chrysler Re; Tator's Dodge

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I am sure many VCA members did, I sent an email to Chrysler customer service last week in support of Chuck Tator and Tator's Dodge for his service to the VCA and the Viper community. In their reply, Chrysler thanked me for the information and indicated they appreciate dealership customer service BUT service was NOT the only criterion for a successful dealership. It is quite clear from their response that service alone is not going to cut it with them and that we must do more than praise Chuck to insure his dealership survives as the oldest continuing Dodge dealership in the country. For those of you looking to buy Chrysler products, give Chuck a call. I am sure he will appreciate hearing from you.
PAvenom RT/10 :usa:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd agree...but the real problem is that I think Chrysler's mindset is that they want all dealers to be Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge...no more single point dealers. Whoever happens to fall along the way is meaningless to Chrysler. Very sad indeed.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...... In their reply, Chrysler thanked me for the information and indicated they appreciate dealership customer service BUT service was NOT the only criterion for a successful dealership. It is quite clear from their response that service alone is not going to cut it with them and that we must do more than praise Chuck to insure his dealership survives as the oldest continuing Dodge dealership in the country. For those of you looking to buy Chrysler products, give Chuck a call........ :usa:

I received a similar recap....rather than boilerplate, they DID make a reply that indicates they were aware of issues.

I then asked Chuck if indeed we could HELP TATOR by an effort to route some new vehicle purchases thru him, and he told me some very disturbing news: At this point it appears that Tator Dodge must farm any new orders out thru OTHER dealers. That seems to gurantee that litigation will be inevitable.

So while CALLING CHUCK to buy might have been a great shot-in-the-arm, it seems the C-F folks have pulled the rug out...... BUT THINGS CAN CHANGE !!!!

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a srt charger last year with my friend and his order went in first, then mine 5 minutes later. He had is three months before me and I started complaining. They wouldn't give me any info. I called Dodge and found out it was in production. Told the dealer and he was sheepish. The next week they told me it was taken out of production. I bought several cars from this dealer and the sales told me that I was better off with my minivan ,more of a family car and tried to sell me a different car. I own a 68 charger and a 73 cuda 340 six pack. I asked for my check back and bought a 93 viper on ebay and got lucky with a great guy that took good care of the car. Love it. Since then I bought a minivan at the Chrysler dealer and the dodge dealer was sold to a guy that owns the Ford dealership in Des Moines. What's with that? I'm looking to going to Woodhouse even if it is 2 hours away. Maybe I should tell Chryler Corp. about this and how service should be an Issue. The Dodge dealership here is a 5 star dealer. I have mechanic friends that work in the back and also in management there and I'm going elsewhere to buy cars.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B.

We all know that Chrysler looks at our forum here. What do you think they would think if you were to start a petition, in the form of a post, that everyone could reply to with their VCA number and Vin Number. We need to collectively show Chrysler that we mean are serious about the repercussions of shutting down Chuck Tator. we need to show them that we will not buy any more Chrysler products except for Vipers. I am willing to bet that most of us own other Chrysler cars. we need to show them that the as the VCA mean business and will not stand for the shutting down of Chuck Tator.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DCX Email Survey
This is another thread from the continuous other thread about Chuck Tator...wish we could keep these threads together, and not start new ones...as this gets confusing!! I have been sending DAILY emails one from me, and one separately from Mike...and getting emails BACK from Chrysler, which I then return BACK to them with replies...this time I received a survey, wondering what I thought of their 'customer service' replies BACK to me...I replied "COMPLETE DISSATISFACTION" with their responses.
If we could keep the ONE thread, as it's 'on topic', that'd be great...http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/611090-here-place-talk-about-wizard.html
Thank you PAVenom...but don't you think ONE thread would be best, than all over the place? ~juli

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B.

We all know that Chrysler looks at our forum here. What do you think they would think if you were to start a petition, in the form of a post, that everyone could reply to with their VCA number and Vin Number. We need to collectively show Chrysler that we mean are serious about the repercussions of shutting down Chuck Tator. we need to show them that we will not buy any more Chrysler products except for Vipers. I am willing to bet that most of us own other Chrysler cars. we need to show them that the as the VCA mean business and will not stand for the shutting down of Chuck Tator.

Hi Robbie,
Thank You for your support!:cool:

Here is the link for the on line petition [DO NOT send money on that site!]:

Protect Tator's Dodge, a unique & valuable Dealer Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. One of the biggest reasons domestic auto manufacturers have been losing market share for decades is because of the miserable service from the big three dealerships. Yet here we have Tator Dodge of which no dealer domestic or import exceeds the level of service Tator does. NOBODY. And the idiots at Chrysler somehow think losing Tator is a good business decision? I wonder if there is anyone sitting in the board meetings with the insight and balls to tell the rest of the gang they are wrong. Or are they just a bunch of cowardly "yes" men like over at GM?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21