Results fromVOI Drags within

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some information - this is straight from John Hennessey.

Treynor's car with Doug driving ran 148. I heard 10.40's.
Albert Red-lighted. Ran a best of 10.20's??????

Dr. Roof went 138. Not sure what time.

HMS V800 Twin Turbo went 136.

GB3's LPE car went 10.20's on ALL MOTOR at 136. A W E S O M E !!!!!!!

That is all I can remember. If I got the times or MPH wrong, I apologize. This is 2nd hand info.

Regards,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAIN SUX......on a brighter note I qualified #1 in modI with an 11.64 and my friend/Dodge dealer Mike Robbins also from Ringgold Ga. qualified #1 in the stock class with a 12.14 and his fastest time was a 11.97 and he was also still in.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** , that 542 LPE car is something else, I think it only dynos at 605 rwhp or so, and still manages a 136 mph trap speed.. dont know how they do it.
Come on guys, post your e.t and mile-n-hour with mods, for all of us drooling over the key-board.... you know who you are...
Treynor, Albert, Tom, Doug.. come on spill the beans!

How about those SRT's I saw in the pics.. Mile-n-hour Please!!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Heres my memory of how things went:

Albert ran a 9.9* at 150. That was in practice rounds but may count because of the rain cancellation.

Doug drove Treynor's car to around 10.40 @ 148mph

I think Tom ran around 10.6's not sure of MPH.

Everyone was a bit down on their times and mph for the day. Maybe the humidy.

DLM car of DR Roof ran a 10.74 @ 138. Awesome driving by a newbie to the scene.

Did I mention I ****?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with your driving Dan, it must have been the weather or something
wink.gif
uhhhhhh....BTW...it looks like somebody has already mentioned that one for you.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Anyway....let the stories begin!! I hear Dan Black can't drag race for nothin!!
smile.gif
(just poking fun Dan!!!!0
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack B:
The best time/et for the 03 that I saw was 12.1 @ 119
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jack, any idea who was driving, i.e., was it a "factory rep" or a "professional"?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xsmph:

How about those SRT's I saw in the pics.. Mile-n-hour Please!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw them run once. One ran a 12.26@120 and the other ran a 13.59@112.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaford:
I saw them run once. One ran a 12.26@120 and the other ran a 13.59@112.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see they brought the good drivers
laugh.gif

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
I see they brought the good drivers
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think they proved what I was hoping to see today(Thursday). Unfortunately, our track day got rained out today. I've only been to a track(1/4mi) twice and both times have been at Beech Bend. My best run has been a lowly 12.70@114. I've seen lots of stock Z06s running low 12s, but at different tracks. I heard someone comment about the track just being "slow". I hope that's right. With a trap speed of 120, mid 11s should be no problem with a good driver and good traction. There were LOTS of stock Vipers running 13s. There were also a few stock Vipers running low 12s. Just goes to show that driver plays a BIG part in it.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Dan, Albert did run 9.99 but he was off the throttle at the 1000 foot mark, his mph was only around 127.

Gary Almond's Heffner Supercharged Viper ran 10.74 @ 134.7 on Michelin Pilots. The car only has 9 psi of boost and no intercooler. We had to keep the radials on because the StopTech brakes would not allow slicks. I would like to mention however that these were not the 19 inch radials he usually has on the car, they were 17 inchers, they seemed to hook better. The 60 foot time was 1.80.

Dan black should get an award for having the car with the alltime best 60 foot time in Pilots, believe it or not the car puled a 1.61 short tome on Pilots during Tuesday night test and tune.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Bryce:
Dan, my car has all stock ACR chassis....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey GB, do you also have stock gears?

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mash man, we just put the 3.33 gear in. At the Vette Viper shootout in Fl. last spring we ran the 3.07...went 10.33 @ 133. The 3.07 was too tall just got into 4th @ the 1000 ft mark. Now I need a 3.55 so it will pull in 4th !! My Viper is fast for the same reason our Pro Stock Bike Champ is, Angelle has really good 60 ft times, goes real straight, shifts on time, has lots of power, and we run a bigger sprocket than the other teams, last but not least, our engine peaks at a higher rev! If I ran more gear, the launch could be lower, and the clutch would like it alot! GB3

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, my car has all stock ACR chassis....I never even checked shock settings. I had 7 60 ft times between 1.48 and 1.56. If I ran behind 20 cars with pilots it would spin some, But if I was lucky enough to run behind the cars with slicks....wow it would launch. 15 psi in rears....5200 to 5400 rpm...swap feet on the next to last yellow!!!!!! keep practicing, you will get it! GB3

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, you still there? What type of work do you do...other than fast Snakes? Hemi stuff? Pro Stock Suzuki?
smile.gif
FYI, 1500cc, 91.5 cu in. we make 310 at 12,800 on our lil 4 cyl. about 280 rear wheel. Cool stuff, just for fun 1.85 in. valve....1.55 ex. 3.347
bore...2.6 stroke .700 lift!!!!!! More things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm. GB3

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm here George. There are too many threads for me to keep up with, I'm losing track.

I do just about everything, pretty much the only thing I personally work on is Vipers, Shelby Cobras, older Vets, Old Mopars, I've even got a Diablo coming in for some top secret upgrades. I guess I pretty much only touch the super nice cars, not that I don't want to work on other cars, I just don't have time. In my other shop I have some guys that work for me that do Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes. We've also got an in house dyno, one of the only ones in the area. I used to have a street outlaw Mustang, it ran some 8.50s @ 165. The problem with that car was I would always have to be making it faster to stay competitive. After a short while it stared taking me away from the busuness too much so I gave it up. I used to spend half of my time building cars for Jamie.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TNT had problems the night before, nitros backed up, boom and the intake was gone, the blue car was out. I gave them my TNT 605 mod 2 to run in unlimited. They are still in the hunt with a best of 10.11 @ 135.96 mph.