Reverse Lockout

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gang, just got the car(06) back today from the reverse lockout problem. 02 censor wire got heated up making a fuse blow.Tech re-ruted the wires. This was after a header/exhaust install.Happened after 150 to 200 miles were put on the car, after the install. Just thought I'd FYI. TOM.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What you experienced happens a lot ...O2 syms are another solution ...keep an eye on those wires - I rerouted my wires several times but they kept melting until I replaced them with O2 syms.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is interesting, can you explain or know why a sensed 02 failure would cause a lock out of reverse? Since they are unrelated systems it doesn't make all that much sense to me. I'm sure the SRT engineers have a rational for this and I would be interested in knowing it.

OP
OP
C

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is interesting, can you explain or know why a sensed 02 failure would cause a lock out of reverse? Since they are unrelated systems it doesn't make all that much sense to me. I'm sure the SRT engineers have a rational for this and I would be interested in knowing it.
Somehow the heated wire caused the fuse to blow. I guess that the lockout and the 02 censor are related. I'm not a tech. The wires were not damaged, just got heated.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Power supply for the Rear O2 heaters and the Reverse Lockout solenoid share the same fuse. So if you short the rear O2 heaters out you also lose the Rev. lockout And Skipshift solenoid.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Power supply for the Rear O2 heaters and the Reverse Lockout solenoid share the same fuse. So if you short the rear O2 heaters out you also lose the Rev. lockout And Skipshift solenoid.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now, but now sure why they would have wired it like that. Oh well, good to know though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang