Reverse Persective- Viper/Corvette

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was driving southbound on I-25 through Colorado Springs this afternoon and got to experience the other side of the coin. This time I was the idiot in the Corvette and was suprised by seeing the mythical Viper in real life. (they do exist) What a beautiful car cruising the highway. A red gen II coupe. Like a total dork, I waved and drove next to him for a while just to scope out his car, then pulled back to admire the **** gen II curves from the rear. Those things just look totally sick going down the road. Now I know how those Corvette guys feel when they run into a Viper....a little bit deflated. -Except for me, it wasn't to bad cuz my Vette is my '****** car' and I have a Viper in my garage. But those die-hard Corvette dudes have got to be instant sad when they see a Viper -specially when they have their lady friend with them.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But those die-hard Corvette dudes have got to be instant sad when they see a Viper -specially when they have their lady friend with them.

Hmmm, I suppose if someone's self worth relies on the vehicle he drives and how much he impresses other people with his possessions, then perhaps being in a vette with a woman while a viper pulls up would make a person sad. For people who have reason to be confident for more important reasons, I imagine that they would be just fine.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool story, allen,

i still love seeing a viper on the road and it is safer than trying to catch a look at your own viper in a building reflection as you drive by :drive: :omg:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the guy who feels somehow inferior by encountering another cool car on the road who's likely to be a **** or aloof. Folks who dig cars will acknowledge the other one regardless of their situation!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of the main reasons I love cruising with other Vipers. The best spot is always at the back of the pack so you can just sit back and watch the art in motion.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had some great weather last week so drove the viper 4 days straight. Amazing how fast I can get used to being in that seat! :2tu:
Then on sunday I saw a viper coming so I started the usual hand wave and realized I was in my buick regal, he he. I immediately thought... I wonder if he thinks I'm some sorta geek? :dunno: :lmao:

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just NEVER see other Vipers, EVER. Except once in a while at track days. -nothing really to do with sense of self-worth, just the shock and awe of seeing a Viper. There is just something about these cars thats un-explainable. Ferrari/Posrsche and the like, don't have the same mojo. .....Just saying, now I know why I see Corvette guys with a freaked out look on their face when I'm in the Viper.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had some great weather last week so drove the viper 4 days straight. Amazing how fast I can get used to being in that seat! :2tu:
Then on sunday I saw a viper coming so I started the usual hand wave and realized I was in my buick regal, he he. I immediately thought... I wonder if he thinks I'm some sorta geek? :dunno: :lmao:

I was out with my wife a few weeks ago in her car and we pulled up behind a Viper. I was going to pull up next to him and tell him that I also have a Viper but figured that would be pretty corny at the light so i just snapped a picture. As it turns out he's only had the car a month and he turned up at a Viper gathering this past weekend and we met.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely get to see a Gen II on the road, especially in one of my favorite colors like Sapphire or Graphite. I have to agree it is a rare treat when you do encounter one and they do have a road presence like no other. Weird thing is I see a lot of them at C&C but just never see them driving on the road.

Secrt007Agt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I am glad I now have a Viper (recent purchase), and I enjoy the ride and the different look, but with that in mind, I will not talk down Corvette people mearly for what they choose to drive. I think the man behind the wheel and how he acts & drives HIS vehicle is more important than being a narrow minded person and sticking your nose up in the air at Vette (or others) owners. Unfortunately, there are snobs that drive all types of cars and I do not wish to become one of them. I have seen Vette owners who would fail to throw up a hand while passing another Vette (really ****** me off) and I am sure the same type of "A" holes exsist in other car classes. Personally, I will cruise and hangout with any auto enthusiasts....Vettes, Hotrods, Mustangs, Jags, etc., we are all enthusiasts in a great sport & activity. I have owned several types of wheels, hung out and cruised with the best of them....let's not become a group of snobs here, so throw up a hand to any fellow auto entusiasts on the road & "man up"!

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a beautiful car cruising the highway. A red gen II coupe.
Not to take anything away from coupes, but I prefer the squat-wide rear of the roadster with that skinny window. Something about that stance is so raucous.

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, I am glad I now have a Viper (recent purchase), and I enjoy the ride and the different look, but with that in mind, I will not talk down Corvette people mearly for what they choose to drive. I think the man behind the wheel and how he acts & drives HIS vehicle is more important than being a narrow minded person and sticking your nose up in the air at Vette (or others) owners. Unfortunately, there are snobs that drive all types of cars and I do not wish to become one of them. I have seen Vette owners who would fail to throw up a hand while passing another Vette (really ****** me off) and I am sure the same type of "A" holes exsist in other car classes. Personally, I will cruise and hangout with any auto enthusiasts....Vettes, Hotrods, Mustangs, Jags, etc., we are all enthusiasts in a great sport & activity. I have owned several types of wheels, hung out and cruised with the best of them....let's not become a group of snobs here, so throw up a hand to any fellow auto entusiasts on the road & "man up"!

Your egalitarian philosophy and emotional maturity are much welcomed. I salute you! Spread the word. The world will be a much better place.

Cincy

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely get to see a Gen II on the road, especially in one of my favorite colors like RACE YELLOW. I have to agree it is a rare treat when you do encounter one and they do have a road presence like no other. Weird thing is I see a lot of them at C&C but just never see them driving on the road.

Edited and corrected for ya Bud!!!!

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've noticed the majority of Vette owners in my area seem to be acting like real assholes this summer. Last year I'd exchange waves with about every Vette that drove by. This year, most drivers just have this dead straight stare and act like they don't even see you. I always eyeball the Vettes and other nice cars driving around me, if I see the other driver doing the same, I'll wave.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesterday afternoon I went to get gas & when I pulled out I noticed a vette in my rear view mirror about an 1/8 mile or so back & I had to go about a mile or so to get gas & for the last several blocks he was already on my tail looking the car over pretty good (never see any vipers around here) & when I turned in he honked at me as he went by. He was in a pretty new & Very Nice Z06 w/forgeline wheels, so I don't think he felt to intimidated just probably liked to see other Nice Rides out on the street! jmo

Secrt007Agt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed the majority of Vette owners in my area seem to be acting like real assholes this summer. Last year I'd exchange waves with about every Vette that drove by. This year, most drivers just have this dead straight stare and act like they don't even see you. I always eyeball the Vettes and other nice cars driving around me, if I see the other driver doing the same, I'll wave.

As hard as it maybe to imagine, there are "a" holes that drive Vipers, Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Hot Rods, etc. When I drive around, I take advantage of the folks checking out the "rare" Viper and throw up a hand to say hey to them. I have been a Corvette owner for the past twelve years (and still have one) and I have noticed that jealousy seems to drive the inability to be friendly (such as acknowledging other car enthusiasts). It does not hurt, and will in fact promote good relations between all car/truck/motorcycle nuts if we all act like adults. I am sorry to report that there will still be "a" holes on both sides of the steering wheel, so we as Viper owners should set the example and show that we can "man-up" and acknowledge all fellow vehicle enthusiasts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte