Revolution 4 Post Lift for storage or service - With Price

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a few recent posts asking what type of lift to buy and how much they cost?

Here is my recommendation:

RFP7 4 post lift
Standard lift w/ extended ramps, 2-drip pans, 2-jack trays, shipping included - $3000.00

RFP7-XLT 4 post lift
Extended lift w/ extended ramps, 2-drip pans, 2 jack trays, shipping included - $3275.00

NOTE:
Shipping is included but Taxes need to be charged for the following states - CA,CO,FL,IN,KS,MI,MO,OH,PA,TN,TX, and NY.

Lifts come in several colors: Black, Yellow, Red, Blue.

You can choose the voltage: 110 volt or 220 volt

Delivery time is usually about three weeks.

I am not making any money on this offer, this is a VCA benefit! You can pay with MasterCard or Visa. To place an order call Revolution at 1-800-604-3359 and talk to Donnie. Tell him that you want the Viper Club discount.

To find out more about these lifts: http://www.revolutionlifts.com

You must be registered for see images

Model Number RFP7
A. Rise 5' 3"
B. Length Overall 15' 10"
C. Width Overall 8' 11"
D. Inside of Column 7' 9"
E. Between Column 12' 5"
F. Height of Column 6' 8"
G. Width of Runways 20"
H. Height of Runway 4 3/4"
I. Width between runways 35"
Lift Capacity 7000lbs.

Model Number RFP7-XLT
Rise 6' 4"
Length Overall 18'
Width Overall 9' 5"
Inside of Column 8' 3"
Between Column 14' 7"
Height of Column 7' 9"
Width of Runways 20"
Height of Runway 4 3/4"
Width between runways 41"
Lift Capacity 7000lbs.

Here is a picture of my garage with a Standard RFP7 Lift

2860Lift2-med.jpg

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am buying one of those! But Jerry, how was it to install? Is it "freestanding" or does it bolt to the floor? And what would be the advantage of going with 110 or 220? That will be my christmas present to myself I believe!! :D :D

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what would be the advantage of going with 110 or 220?
I had the same question. I checked their website and it shows this in the specs.

Time of Full Rise:

RFP7
85 sec./115v - 32 sec./220v

RFP7-XLT
105 sec./115v - 40 sec./220v

Sounds like the basic difference is the time to full rise.

Jerry, will they off-load the lift from the truck or is it absolutely necessary to have a fork lift?

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10KingSnake, you are correct. The Lotus leaks. That is the reason for the "drip pans"

Guys, you are correct. The only main difference in 110volt vs 220volt is lift time.

You do not have to bolt the lift to the floor. With the optional casters, you can actually move the lift around with a car on it (lowered position). This is handy if you pull the motor and you bring the lift to the center of the garage and then have the ability to push it back to one of the garage bays.

If you are using it for storage and parking a daily driver below, I would consider bolting it down. Why? If you come home half drunk or maybe live with a spouse that is not the best driver.....see where I am going with this. If you hit one of the legs with the Viper in the air....it would just be safer to be bolted.

Bolting down the lift is not permanent. You can pull the nuts and use the optional casters to reposition the lift.

The lift will be delivered via Yellow Freight. A TailGate lift is not an option. It is one package about 18ft long at about 2500 pounds. So there is no way to off-load the lift. You have a few options.
- Use a Forklift
- Hire a RollBack tow truck to bring the lift to you and "rollback" onto your lawn.
- Go to the Yellow Freight distribution center with a car trailer and they will use their fork lift to load it onto your trailer.
- If you hire a lift installer, they will pick it up. But then you are talking more money.

It is best if you have four guys to assemble the lift. The runner with the cylinder is heavy, about 500 pounds. It is the single heaviest piece. For your first lift install, take your time and allocate a full day. No reason to rush. Safety first.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed the height. My garage is 9'10'' high. This may be a problem. Looks like you need a much higher ceiling height. Any comments on this?

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS,
You might be correct. That support beam above the Lotus is at about 9'8". But the Lotus sets VERY low and the Viper is a low roof height. So the combination works well. If I put the Viper on top, the beam hits at the base of the windshield so I can put the lift up slightly higher. This allows me to pull in a Pontiac Grand Prix. There is no way you would get an SUV or truck under the lift with your ceiling height. Do you have a support beam that sets lower than 9'10" ?

TwinVipers, the price saves you about 500 bucks. This is somewhat of a group buy. The only way we would could get a larger discount is to order all the units at once, it would be too difficult. Installing a lift and delivery takes planning. I had trouble handling three lifts in KC alone.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what height do i need in may garage to make this bad boy work?

lets say i want to put 2 viper in one spot.

Thanks in advance

vd..

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VD,

I just went out and measured the Beam height. It is 9ft 7 inches. I can stack two Vipers within that height. Do you have enough space?

Jerry

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a new house. I think that the hight is much highter than that.

Beam height??? Is that the roof of the car on top. I need a total height.

thanks
vd..

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VD,

What I meant by "Beam Height" is the support beam on the ceiling of my garage. See the beam the hangs down. My ceiling over 11ft tall but that support beam hangs down.

When I put the Viper in the air, the hood touches the beam. But you can see the Lotus roof touches in the above picture.

Does that help?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK then next question.................Is the height of the lift adjustable? In other words, can you raise the top lift to pretty much any height? It looks like you have about a foot and a half between the roof of the Viper and the underside of the Lotus(he! he!) I mean Ferrari. If you can I would REALLY be interested in one. I have 9' 10" from floor to ceiling

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am in the begining stages of remodling my garage, or I should say, nearly demolishing it and rebuilding it.....I will definately be installing one of these soon, as the whole point for the re-do is to be able to have a lift.
I am planning on about a 12 ft. ceiling...I am thinking this will be enough to fit just about any 2 normal cars..ie not lifted SUV's or something.....
What do you all think...Will 12 ft. be good??
Cheers,
Scott

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revolution has a list of installers in each city. It took 4 workers that knew what they were doing about 5 hours to install.

Cement cracking? I have not heard of that happening. My ceiling is 10' & 2 more feet would have been great!

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The actual "foot print" of the lift legs are much bigger than the foot print of your tires. If the concrete cracks, it would have just by parking on it without the lift.

Concrete is a major concern with two posts lifts. Many of these require 6 or 8+ inch deep concrete with min of 3500 psi. Four post lifts do not have the leverage loads of a two post.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wondered... if you have to do suspension/brake work, is there any way to jack the car up prior to lifting? I doubt you can, or would either. Just curious, I need to figure out my lift situation soon.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MadMaxx, Correct, you have a sliding jack tray option. The problem is that most bottle jacks are too tall for the Viper.

I use a Hydraulic scissor jack. They set very low. They are about $60 each but work real nice for the Viper.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I always had a fun time jacking up my RT. I have an aluminum low profile jack I use for most of my cars, it fits under the viper sills.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MadMaxx, Correct, you have a sliding jack tray option. The problem is that most bottle jacks are too tall for the Viper.

I use a Hydraulic scissor jack. They set very low. They are about $60 each but work real nice for the Viper.

Hey Jerry, where do you get a hydrulic scissor lift? That would make things a lot easier.

Andy

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice garage. Any engineers out there? I want to be able to service my 3/4 ton suburban (6,600 lbs), is that pushing the limit or am I safe with the 7,000 pound units? I would love to avoid the extra requirements of the heavier units. Thanks.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, Ordered a YELLOW lift yesterday. Revolution's ceiling calculator eliminates the guesswork. I needed the XLT model,would like to park the FX45 underneath.Fortunately my ceiling is 10'10" so there are inches to spare. Your post, especially the picture,sold me.