RH Window Regulator Needed

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much are these new and do they normally break down?

J

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much are these new and do they normally break down?

J

I hear very often. They are junk and poorly designed. Dealer quoted me 1200 for the RH, 1500 installed. The drive mechanism is cable driven and encased in a plastic housing. The housing cracks and the cable blows out the side. If you see one you'll laugh at the poor quality and materials used. Of course the motor is made in france. I'm not sure about the drive system which is the weak link. It's very disappointing as an owner to see this type of product and then hear the cost to replace. I'm not sure how to sugest maintaining yours but if the window starts sticking find out why before continuing to push the button.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, and its amazing they charge more money for the left side of the car. There might be a fix, if you talk to The Wizard about this. Im just very careful with my driver side, it has this same problem and travels to far, then bottoms out at the bottom of the door.I just got done dumping money into this car. Dodge makes a great Viper, but lets face it everything else they make is ****.

xr4racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they the same on a coupe? I may have a convertible one as well.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've read a couple of these threads now. My LH window will "thunk" a little bit, so I am being very careful.

By the way Wikkid, I have owned MANY Dodge products over the years, and my current stable includes the Viper, my daily driver 2004 Ram 3500 Cummins, and 2007 Charger SRT8. I've had a couple other Dodge Trucks, a Neon, and the ex has had Dodge cars too. While they've all had minor issues, overall, the have been EXCELLENT vehicles.

So, please refrain from the Dodge bashing, and let's stay on topic.

Thanks,

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear very often. They are junk and poorly designed. Dealer quoted me 1200 for the RH, 1500 installed. The drive mechanism is cable driven and encased in a plastic housing. The housing cracks and the cable blows out the side. If you see one you'll laugh at the poor quality and materials used. Of course the motor is made in france. I'm not sure about the drive system which is the weak link. It's very disappointing as an owner to see this type of product and then hear the cost to replace. I'm not sure how to sugest maintaining yours but if the window starts sticking find out why before continuing to push the button.

I think I saw them new in the $800 range in the mopar parts website. What did mjorgensen and x4racer quote you for them?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
driver side is used more so it makes sense that they would sell more....and the price would be higher.

I always thought the window mechanism seemed delicate, I've always made sure the window is finished moving up or down before opening or closing the door.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
driver side is used more so it makes sense that they would sell more....and the price would be higher.

I always thought the window mechanism seemed delicate, I've always made sure the window is finished moving up or down before opening or closing the door.

Why do you think the pass side would be used more? Just curious.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I saw them new in the $800 range in the mopar parts website. What did mjorgensen and x4racer quote you for them?

Mjorgensen quoted me close to retail. Retail is about 800 and 1200 for drivers and passenger. I wish they were used on other vehicles but as I almost always find it is a Viper only part

xr4racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not tell which one is the right and left, I will try to see today. I have one good one and one bad one. You can have it for $500 if I have the correct side.

matt

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The drive mechanism is cable driven and encased in a plastic housing. The housing cracks and the cable blows out the side. If you see one you'll laugh at the poor quality and materials used.

Sounds like Dodge used the same P.O.S crap regulators that Plymouth/Chrysler has used in the Prowlers :crazy2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang