Richmond,Va. Viper-VS-Vette HP Challenge

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok who is going?? Sunday September 10th at the Veterans Hospital. I got my Va/Md club event notice last week. we have atleast 4 Vipers coming up from Tidewater, come on guys lets support our Va/Md club and our brother Veterans and show these Vette guys our club is socially active..

Reaction score
If it is the 10th...I might make it. I fly back in Sat. afternoon, but I am not sure what kind of shape things are in at the homestead after leaving the kid home alone! Did he cut the grass, wash the truck...etc??? Also....what does Florence have to say about this trip?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Also....what does Florence have to say about this trip?

Absolutely nothing. Assuming she does decide to fly into, say Reagon International, it won't be until mid-monday at the earliest.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Moved into the area (Smithfield VA) a few months ago from Florida. Who do I talk to to switch my VCA from Florida to VA?

Unable to make this event unfortunately.

Paul :usa:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be me. 410.978.7773 Or you can just call Kim at VCA at 800.998.1110 and they will do it. probably better that way anyway, I'm sure they would want confirmation from you. Welcome and look forward to meeting you, I feel I know you already after all this time on the board. Don't wait for the switch to join us at events, just come!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there...

Tony - you gotta come! We've got 4 thus far from Tidewater, make it 5!

Freeball can't make it. Work issues. Plus, 90+ miles in a non-street legal car? Yeah, he'd do that if the end game was like that thing the Nevada club's doing in a coupla weeks...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What time are you guys meeting up? It might be worth the extra hour's travel to head up with you nutcases.

Of course I have a fight with the wife scheduled for 8am tomorrow - the outcome of which may directly affect my ability to drive over the weekend. Plus I have to swap over the ebcs as these brakemans are driving muts.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there should I bring the car that has the most HP or one that is just fun to drive????? I can't stay long will that affect your HP challenge. If the HP is a great concern I will drive the [******] Venom 600. I would rather not but if it is for HP I will drive what is needed.

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
It is definitely Sunday. I mispoke when I told you it was Saturday. Three of us so far are leaving Virginia Beach at 10AM. Niel from Lagomar, Rick and I. It would be great if you are able to make it. We will meet up with George Murray in Suffolk at 11AM and take Route 460 from there. Hope to see you there.

John

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be there should I bring the car that has the most HP or one that is just fun to drive????? I can't stay long will that affect your HP challenge. If the HP is a great concern I will drive the [******] Venom 600. I would rather not but if it is for HP I will drive what is needed.

Bernie, we could use all the HP we can get to the event so your Viper with the most HP will help us win. As long as you're at the event sometime between 1:30 and 3:30 we can count your HP. Don't forget your dyno slip. See you Sunday.

Reaction score
Hmmmm....I'll definitely try, but my OLD body is completely hosed as far as sleep goes. I don't know if I'm coming or going right now...and when I figure THAT out I get to leave to head back to Va!!! I figure if I sleep my butt off on the planes, I might be OK. Where are you all meeting up John?

Are we required to have dyno sheet? I can bring one from the 8# pulley and the plugged cats....we can extrapolate from there what the 10# pulley and new cats would do. :)

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is the 10th...I might make it. I fly back in Sat. afternoon, but I am not sure what kind of shape things are in at the homestead after leaving the kid home alone! Did he cut the grass, wash the truck...etc??? Also....what does Florence have to say about this trip?

Hey Tony, if it will get you and that bad asp ride to the event I will go by your house and cut the grass and wash your truck...

As far as Florence goes. not expected to effect us till late Monday depending on her movement till then...come on bro take the trip with us....

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are we required to have dyno sheet? I can bring one from the 8# pulley and the plugged cats....we can extrapolate from there what the 10# pulley and new cats would do. :)

Tony, we've agreed to use the published HP unless we've got a dyno sheet to back up our claimed HP. We've agreed to use a 15% drive line loss to adjust the dyno sheet.

I believe your GTS will equal two of their Corvettes. I sure hope you can make it. We need your HP to beat these guys.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
10am? ouchie... that means I'd have to leave my house by 6:45am and expect to get home after 9pm... That'll be a very long day...

Rick I sent you guys an email. Where in VABeach are you planning to meet and will your caravan cross over Rt13? (ie will I have to brave the spagetti asphault known as Norfolk or will you be crossing my path in travel?)

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard I do not have time to get a dyno sheet on the Venom 600, so I will drive the SRT which is published HP. See you in the morning. Where are you guys going to meet up in Richmond it would be nice to meet all at the same place and drive in like the corvette club did last year. Let me know feel free to call me Sunday morning at 1-804-347-1808.

Bernie

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there with my Hybrid.....

8075hybrid_viper_4-med.JPG

Where's the meeting place in Norfolk?

DrDJ

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
VaBeach crowd:
Vipergts1960 - John
Bluesnake367 - Rick
George Murray - George
?? - Neil
Bonkers - Brian
DrDJ - Dominic

And if he makes it:

Supercharged Posuer Vipermad - Tony

Damn... I hope everyone remembers to bring bail money.

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr.Dom, meeting place for Sunday 10:45 is the car pool parking lot located at Indian River Road and Reon just off Interstate 64, (Vabeach/Chesapeake line)well almost....

We will take off up I64w to 58w and meet up with George in Suffolk and then head up 460 towards Richmond....

Bonkers, we promise to obey posted speed limits(within reason)....John got himself a couple of tickets not long ago and now he is gun shy.....460 is full of State Troopers and small County Sheriffs Depts. that have quotas to make...my retired badge will only go so far....we will try to be good..lol

weather forecast for Sunday is outstanding.....

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
Neil and I are meeting up at my house on his way out of Lagomar at 10AM. Then we will head to the Indian River Rd/VDOT carpool lot right off the interstate. We should get there about 1030 and once everyone is there we will head to Suffolk to pick up George Murray and jump on 460. I hope this helps. Get some sleep. John

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad........should have said what TIME do you guys plan on arriving at the event?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, best laid plans...

Something came up tonight that'll prevent me from fixing the car for tomorrow. If things change I'll try to make the run, but as it stands now you'll have to count me out.

Hope everyone has a blast!

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the route that well, but I think we will get on 460 in Suffolk around 1130. Based on that I am going to guess that we should arrive about 1230 or so. Rick, help me out on this one; this is your route. I hope this helps.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe do you want to meet me at my house around 1:00 PM and go for a hour or a little longer is all I can stay. Let me know call me tomorrow if interested.

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are the hours for the start and end of the complete event?

Joe, the arrival time is between 12:00 and 1:30 PM. The award ceremony will be at 4:00 PM. Hopefully the President of the Corvette Club of VA will be awarding Lee the trophy for us having the most HP at the event. If we loose, Lee will award the trophy to the Corvette president.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas