ROAD AMERICA EVENT FRIDAY OCTOBER 16th

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go to Welcome to Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club and you can sign up for Road America the next day, the 17 and the 18th of October. That's all weekend but you can sign up for just the Saturday for just $325 I think or close to that. The event is sponsored by the Chicago Alfa Romeo club but all our welcome. There are usually 30 or 40 Corvettes there but only a couple of Vipers.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?! I live near Milwaukee and we suppose to hit some snow flurries this coming sunday. I wouldn't doubt a high of 40 by end of the week. The weather been bad here lately.

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope you're wrong but you're probably right. It's been great weather the last 4 or 5 years for this event but maybe our luck will run out. I think you can wait until next Friday to decide. There will be tech that night before at the Baymont in Plymouth. I'm expect you could sign up at the last minute if the forecast is 70 and sunny.

V

Venomiss

This looks like a great deal for the end of the season.
May the weather gods smile upon you for that weekend.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong too. Just heard that northern WI getting at least a 1" of snow by this weekend. If weather nice, I might actually take a swing up there to watch you guys. My Viper is done for the year its getting put away most likely friday or saturday.

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The weather forecast is looking alright. We're supposed to have temps in the 50s. That'll work as long as it's dry. I think we're on.

korina

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I only ran on Saturday. The track was a little snotty in the morning and it took 3 laps to warm the tires but after lunch was fine. The Alfa guys are a fantastic group to run with and Road America is a fantastic track. It's one of the few places you can really use the Viper to its potential.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah. I didn't bother to go up to check it since it wasn't too promising. I plan on going there probably late spring.