Road Course Racers- Penskes or Motons?

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to upgrade my re-valved Koni shocks to Penskes or Motons and wanted some opinions from those who have raced with either of these on the road course.

The Motons are just under $6K with springs/spacers/etc, and the Penskes are quite a bit less. Just curious if anyone has a strong opinion either way...

TIA,

Shawn

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
archer recomends motons, valaya recomends penskes. what is the real difference or deciding factor? someone mentioned support & replacement parts post purchase, true?

the car is in the shop for other work, & a set of penskes is on the list in the next 2 months, unless someone has a reason to go with motons.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am working on a group purchase on the Penskes.....don't buy any until you check with me.
I do know, the fast drag Vipers are running Penskes. Same shock for drag and track...adjust as needed. If you have a price on them from Valaya shoot me an e-mail, I might could use it for bargaining power. [email protected]

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penske makes several types of shocks for various applications including a shock specifically for dragracing. What model Penske were you looking at Tony?