Roanoke Info Please?

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

Have had a great time lurking here for the past 7 months, and am finally gearing up to buy my first used Viper when the Chicago winter decides to end. Planning to look at Roanoke Motors in IL to begin my search, and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good person to deal with there? I've heard the name John Gastman (sp?), but wasn't sure if there was anyone else who is VCA/n00b friendly.

Thanks!
Mark

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Roanoke Motors is an awesome dealership. Everyone there including John Gastman are good to work with. You will be in good hands. Good luck!

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dennis rocke is who i dealt with, went in for a view/test drive this past summer and he was very cordial/helpful. Their inventory is expansive... awe inspiring :)

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Gastman or Dennis Rocke are the ones to talk to. They also are very active in the IL Viper Club and are our biggest sponsor. I bought my new Viper their in 06 and they have the best Viper tech in the country. I am very lucky that I am only 27 miles from Roanoke Motors. If you are in the Chicago area there are a number of people you can talk to about Roanoke Motors. Our IL club Prez is in Algonquin he would be a good person to talk to. Good Luck!:2tu:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John is the owner and I dealt with him when I bought mine. He is one honest, standup guy! Have fun with the purchase....it's an exciting time!!!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 Vipers and the best dealer I have dealt with. Cut out the middleman BS. Don't mess with salesmen--deal with the owner directly who has total control over the deal. Call John--owner.

Swanny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes. That is their email address. I just purchased my third Viper from John today!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought 2 Vipers from John. Couldn't be more satisfied with how they handled things. Professional, honest and courteous!

You won't go wrong there!

PK3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buying my first Viper, a 2010, I luckily stumbled into John Gastman in Dec 09 from these forums and what an absolute pleasure to work with. He's extremely knowledgeable, not pushy at all, fun to talk too, and will bend over backwards to see you get the car you want. He's also very well connected to CAAP and Prefix for any changes or questions you have.

OP
OP
D

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info and advice everyone! Looking forward to beginning this process, bothering you all with questions, and watching my bank account go down.

Mark

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They gave me my first ride in a Viper and then let me drive it. I've never forgotten that day! That was more then 10 years ago...and now I own two Vipers.

OP
OP
D

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They gave me my first ride in a Viper and then let me drive it. I've never forgotten that day! That was more then 10 years ago...and now I own two Vipers.

Very nice! I'm heading down this week to do a little "window shopping" and annoy them with my questions. Already after only 2 emails from them I can tell it's going to be a great experience. Thanks again all.

Mark

OP
OP
D

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone for suggesting Roanoke, and passing along the contact names/email address. Had a great visit down there this morning. Pretty shocking to walk into a building filled wall to wall with Vipers! Went looking for a GTS, but made the mistake of sitting in an SRT10! So, we'll see where my path leads in the near future. Saw several of the cars that are currently listed on ebay, and all of them are a 10/10! If anyone is considering them, I say go for it!

V

Venomiss

Sorry to hear you walked out without a Viper!!
I thought for sure you would be telling us about your new ride by now.....:)
Don't wait too long.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few that you just might be interested in...give me a shout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950