Rock chips

bdherh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a couple of small rock chips on my front facia. Nothing big but I know they are there, so I want to get them fixed. What is the best way to get those fixed? Touch up paint is hard to smooth over. Any suggestions?

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you do get them fixed I highly recommend getting a ClearMask put on. It will prevent you from having to worry about any more in the future.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had good results with the paint pens from PaintScratch.com. Langka makes a kit that allows you to smooth out the touch-up paint. It works pretty well.

T

tcslc

I'm not familiar with the kit referenced earlier, but basically what you want to do is remove any loose paint from the chip, fill it in high, and sand it smooth with progressively fine paper. It'll take some guts to put sandpaper on your baby, but you are wetsanding with very fine grit paper (up to 1500 grit at the end) to remove and smooth out the high spot where you filled in, and then following with polish and finally wax. The repair should be completely unnoticeable when you are finished. Look up color sanding on the web, and you'll find a lot of info. Good luck!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The langka kit is so easy even I could do it. The Langka kit is for removing paint blobs from chip repairs. No sanding. It requires rubbing the blob with their paint smoother until its flat. Same with the clear coat sealer it comes with. I just found another dime-sized chip. I'll try to take pics of the before, during and after sometime this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4