Rockingham road course June 4-5th anyone going?

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TarHeel Sports car club in Raleigh, NC is doing the newly reopened rockingham road course event next weekend, anyone going? go to www.timetrials.net to sign up, should prove to be fun! Cant wait to get the viper out on a nice banked turn!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do have your oil pan upgrade done, right???? baffles and trap doors???? You like cylinder #3, right????

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

Will Tom Sessions do a baffle install at the JUL 1 VIR prep by Randy's?

JR :usa:

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ummmmm, no not yet! eek, think it'll be an issume i assume? hmmmmmmm

Its on the list to do, but funds are tight with the other stuff i had/have to do.....like having a baby! :-D

Anyone have a cheap/used oil baffle/pan kit i can get before next weekend? :-D?

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now, this is the road course not the full oval if that matters, its just turns 3-4 of the full oval track, the rest uses parts of the infield

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 turns on a banked oval is a pretty extended high g turn - I wouldn't run without a baffled pan. I think the PartsRack solution is reasonably priced. The deeper (2000+) pan is also nicer, bit some have had issues wtih it hanging a little lower than the 1996-1999 pan and contacting hte ground in banked to infield transitions- so the jury is out on that one.

JR,
I would suspect that Tom could do the install at the tech session - it's relatively straightforward and takes just a little more time than an oil change.

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Janni. Planned on oil, brake fluid change prior to VIR so this
fits the schedule. :usa:

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
now on partsrack.com do i have to get the stage 1 and 2? or can i just get the baffles and not a whole new oil pan?

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Janni, is the oil starvation a problem for left hand sweepers or right, or both? i do plan to do the oil pan setup, but dont think I can get it done before next weekend.

"the rock" road course is mostly left handed turns.....think i'll be ok?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there have been several documented cases of using parts of a banked oval at several speedways with infield road courses. Don't they all turn left???

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure, only OVal Hybrind ive been on is the rock, the rest are dedicated road courses.......

So does that mean you suspect i'll have issues? ;-)

Thanks for your help BTW.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,
I don't think that I would risk it. Are you gonna run sticky tires? If so, then that would be the clincher - too many g's, too sustained a turn and banked........... ugly.

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmmm ok...........you dont have a windage tray and the baffles for a 98 you want to sell laying around your garage full o' VIper parts do you? :-D

I am trying to order the parts but i am on a limited budget, so if you know anyone with that stuff for sale......i'll probably have to hold off on the larger oil pan for now.