Roe cats and mufflers

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Iam looking at Roe 3in. high flow cats and muffler, anybody out there using this setup? I have a 97 GTS that is getting a Roe s/c with 8 pd pully installed this sping and I need to step up the exhaust. thanks in advance for any input.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put this setup on my Gen1. It's a very easy install, and high quality stuff. It's loud under WOT, which I like. At idle, it's not too bad. There is a bit of drone at 1200 RPM, but it's not too bad. I'm have a ROE SC put on this week. I'll post a clip of the sound when it's done. I imagine the sound will be different between a side exaust and rear exhaust.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put this setup on my Gen1. It's a very easy install, and high quality stuff. It's loud under WOT, which I like. At idle, it's not too bad. There is a bit of drone at 1200 RPM, but it's not too bad. I'm have a ROE SC put on this week. I'll post a clip of the sound when it's done. I imagine the sound will be different between a side exaust and rear exhaust.

Night and day. the GTS will sound very different and NOT as loud.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if it isn't as loud, maybe its a good idea to get rid of the cat for additional power!

anyone have any idea what kind of power that would put down? what about if it were a 6lb pulley? I've done searches, but am having troubles finding the info.

OP
OP
S

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I have read running without cats gives a wicked exhaust smell, and I would be worried about passing emissions.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I have read running without cats gives a wicked exhaust smell, and I would be worried about passing emissions.

My pipes are in the back, not side =). Emissions can be passed, no worries ;)

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got RT high flow cats and resonators. No muffler at all, replaced by an RT X pipe. If your setup is anything like that, it will be loud. And you will like it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness