Roe Done! New Shoes! Pics/Vids/DYNO!!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a busy last couple of weeks and a very Viper weekend, my car is 99% done. I spent the day today at Moore Performance in Fairfax tuning. Sunday I spent the day shaking it down and showing up at a local cars and coffee. Afterward I went by a local art center that is built in a converted prison and took a couple of VERY quick pics with the new wheels...

You must be registered for see images attach

CLEARLY I need to get some professional pictures taken. Of course I had to get a shot of the blower....

Today was dyno day! I apologize for the poor sound quality.... It was LOUD!

http://youtu.be/ZxNQGmhmFYk

My buddy Tony gives the two handed Alley salute in this one...

video-2012-04-30-14-06-30 - YouTube

In the end I was VERY happy with the numbers. It wound up making 678/656...

A couple of people I should thank... John KNG SNKE who did all the leg work to buy the salvage car, Will @ RSI who solved my fuel system issues, Sean Roe who is a hell of a nice guy and very willing to help, and Dirtysocks who GAVE me a set of slotted rotors which my car now wears like jewelry. I would also like to thank Dwayne Smith who is a great Viper tech I would recommend to anyone in the NoVa/MD/DC area. I also can't say enough good things about Chris at Moore Performance and his tuning abilities.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one bad a** Viper - great looking wheels, exceptional Roe and great numbers!

Now go burn up some asphalt fella!

Well done !! :2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see sticky rubber in your future, great numbers, and beautiful black ride.

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great! besides the blower what other performance mods you running and how many lbs.'s of boost?

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great! besides the blower what other performance mods you running and how many lbs.'s of boost?

Thanks! The car was originally a Hennessey 550 and was making 495whp. As such it has ported heads, 1.7 roller rockers, headers, high flow cats, 3" exhaust, 70mm TBs. It also had an extrude honed intake, but of course that is in my attic now. I picked up close to 200whp with the blower. I guess you could say the Roe woke it up a bit. It is running 8 lbs of boost.

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and I put in the (fairly) new Walbro 400 fuel pump as suggested by Will Hamblin at RSI. I highly recommend this as a one pump solution for anyone needing to support up to 850hp.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great! Did you pick those DPE wheels up from Ken down here in Houston? If so, he purchased them through me originally. One of my favorite wheels. I even had them on my car for an hour :)

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great! Did you pick those DPE wheels up from Ken down here in Houston? If so, he purchased them through me originally. One of my favorite wheels. I even had them on my car for an hour :)

I did!! Great to know that they came from someone in the Viper family originally. I have always loved that style wheel so when Ken listed them I tried unsuccessfully to resist.

They look ALMOST as good on your car as they do on mine!

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did!! Great to know that they came from someone in the Viper family originally. I have always loved that style wheel so when Ken listed them I tried unsuccessfully to resist.

They look ALMOST as good on your car as they do on mine!

..... Exactly! ....

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great Jack! I was lucky enough to see the car this weekend and that thing looks nasty!!!!!

-Chris

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might as well, but it won't be in the Viper. I hope to be getting my Escalade tuned mid morning...I'll just follow the crowd to find your car ;)

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments. I have to say that my car is what I have wanted it to be for several years. It means a lot when other Viper guys like it! Now to start saving my pennies for big brakes!

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and I put in the (fairly) new Walbro 400 fuel pump as suggested by Will Hamblin at RSI. I highly recommend this as a one pump solution for anyone needing to support up to 850hp.
do you need a special hanger for the pump? besides the pump what else did you do to the fuel system?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21