ROE or DCP PCM Flash?

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m interested in changing my PCM settings for my mods. Has anyone tried the new ROE SCT XCalibrator 2 PCM Flash device for 96-02Vipers? If so, what do you think of it? Additionally, I've seen the threads for the DCP re-flash, it sounds pretty good too. Interested in your experience or thoughts. Thanks jim

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the SCT Tuner from Roe but haven't installed either of the tunes yet. I am doing a few mild mods and I'm going to see if I can make a deal with a dyno shop nearby to see about getting some #'s for some before and afters.
So far the only thing I've used it for is to check for codes. Sorry!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're finished with mods then get a couple of pulls with A/F.Send the pcm off to DC with the graphs,list of mods,octane you use and forget about it.Car will be smoother and stronger.Fans on earlier,skip shift gone.You don't have to screx with it unless that's your thing.Just drive it. GTS Bruce

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd call Dan at DC Performance and get his advice since he does both the reflash and SCT kits. I'm sure Dan will ask for a dyno sheet with AFR readings. He may either already have SCT tunes for your specific goals or recommend a reflash. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the reflash from Dan and I probably will soon.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SCT does the fans and eliminates the CAGS, too, plus you can always re-install the stock tune whenever you may need to.
Also, Roe and Dan @ VSP can send you other tunes to upload, should you make additional mods in the future.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SCT is the way to go in our opinion, we have done things with it that last year simply could not be done. It also has the added advantage of being "on the fly" for people planning future modifications, once you purchase the tool itself, you are only dealing with tunefile edits, a small cost in comparison to a flashing service fee every time where you send your PCM in.

Like Roe and DC, we also offer SCT Flash Tuning as Chimazo pointed out above, though we lean more towards custom tunefiles than "standard" files, though we can do both. Have done some pretty neat things here, from OEM PCM controlled 1000cc injectors, to turning PCM's into "mopar performance" PCM's for those who cant find one or need to pass emissions, to editing hardware switches to aid in fixing other issues related to cars of a custom nature.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I installed one of Gary's X-Metal t-bodies and gave it about 200 miles to make sure all is well. Seems to be fine and the car idles perfectly.

Last night I installed one of Sean Roe's SCT programs from the unit he sent me and WOW. Really wakes up the car. He now sells it with 3 different programs. One each for 91 octane, 93 octane, and 94+ octane. I installed the one for 93.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4