ROE or Paxton Super Charger?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
few questions for the pros...which is a better SC and why? i know the ROE is easier with install but im concerned with HP. which will create more HP with my mods? they both seem to be selling for the same $7500 price.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi man, its hard to answer you since im a ROE S/C fan kinda guy, but ill tell you what i think about both systems, if i had the chance to do it all again ill go for the Roe S/C, due to many things not just because i like it, sean support is above anything i saw for real, you no matter what will have an answer for you question even if its stupid !! he will answer it.

now the S/C it self ! Peace of art, easy to install, perfect manual (with pictures) etc
the most important question how much HP this S/C makes?

Sun RA KAT with only 5psi laid 580 RWHP (headers/corsa) and something like 600+ RWTQ and 1Tony1 his car made 620rwhp and 630rwtq @ 7lbs!!

this numbers cant be ignored. Utahviper ran 148.6 MPH no NOS boost only. one word insane.

keep in mind all ROE S/C w/o an intercooler/aftercooler (in development) so there is more to come.

i cant speak for Paxton i feel its not fear i never installed one, but i know people having headache with the support Paxton gives. HP isn’t much more if any for the risk of not having someone out there answering your question and solving your problems.

Hope i answered you. Mbn

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios,

I was one of the first DIY'ers for the Paxton kit. So let me speak for my real world experience with Paxton. The will sell the product and promise everything will be perfect. Once you get the kit, it seems you are now of little value to them. Apparently the sale is all that counts. Even if your missing parts, its an arm and a leg to get them to send them out, with out them trying to charge you for SOMETHING.

Then if you have actual problems or questions with the install, you will find their willingness to let you talk to support VERY lacking. The sales guys will TRY to answer your question as quickly as possible to get you off the phone, so you stop messing up their sales oportunities. They will not let you talk to actual engineers or technicians that work on the kits, they are the liazons, and your too inferior to talk to such gods at paxton.

Next, and most importantly, out of the box, the kit doesnt work correctly. The do a very cheap fuel abortion system, that leaves you running 3 pumps, in an ATTEMPT to get the fuel your motor so desparetly needs. The system is very poorly designed, and short from a tuner getting his hands on it, and making actual fuel adjustments to your set up, their is a high probability you will be running lean. (great for dyno queen numbers, horrible for longevity).

One up side, the does make some nasty power numbers. But they wont last for long .

Jon

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going the DIY route, Roe is the clear choice. Even Paxton says its kit isn't designed for anything other than a completely stock car (and as noted above and in other threads, some buyers would debate even that), so even your basic mods are likely to be a problem with the Paxton kit unless a tuner does your install/tuning. As far as which system will make the most hp, the Paxton kit is probably a better BASE for mega hp (750 rw & up), but you'd need a very competent tuner to sort through what to keep and what to replace, tune the setup, etc. And that's not really a viable option for you right now anyway because you have cast pistons. In basic DIY form, the Roe should make about the same hp on your car as the Paxton kit, and more torque, especially low in the rpm range where you're more likely to feel it. And you can't beat Roe's customer service. So call Sean and get it over with. :)

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't the Roe VEC 2 be used to fine tune the Paxton or even a TT system?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't the Roe VEC 2 be used to fine tune the Paxton or even a TT system?

Yes, it could, but now you're outside the context of a DIY system. Sean has all kinds of programs available for his blower on different cars, but something for a Paxton or TT system would have to be developed from scratch.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the Paxton charger will make more power because they don't care if its safe power or not, where Sean on the other hand does, Paxton told me a 25 pound pully is fine for a stock viper , so would that make more power the Sean's 8 pound yes , is it safe hell no.

Besides Sean said once he perfects this intercooler he will be able to make much more SAFE boost = power.

Im going with Roe

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think Yellow fever TT is running the VEC2 ? i believe sean VEC2 comes with a basic turbo map or program i dont know really hope he clarify this. Mbn

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a SEARCH on the Paxton DIY... the general consensus is to be weary right now. Sean's system is tried and true, whereas the Paxton, if installed by a "reputable tuner" is acceptable. But if you are going to have DLM (for example) install a paxton "kit", why not have it done right and have him do a full Level II set-up? At that point, it isn't a DIY project anyway...

JD

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey D, another thing to think about on the Roe side is the fact that a rather large support group is growing larger everyday on this site. People post questions and solutions here all the time and because so many have gone and continue to go the Roe (DIY) route you can usually get immediate answers by doing a search here on virtually anything in regards to troubleshooting or tuning his system.

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a Paxton for months now - zero issues... Archer Racing install...

Paxton not being reputable???? You realize they have been in business for almost 40 years and tested their systems thoroughly while Roe was having heating issues, etc...?

Even Archer said there is no other system that they'd recommend...

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS - if it would quit raining up here - I plan to get the beast to the dyno...

I have Archer headers and a Mopar exhaust - we have bets from their techs that I'll be in the low 700's...

And the system did not cost as much as stated above... Not even installed...

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By reading this thread

It looks like Mike Adams gets $10,500 installed for the Paxton and $7495 installed for the Roe. Is the Paxton (owned by Vortech) really worth $3K more than the Roe?

Does anyone know if either supercharger kit is California smog legal?

forced

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Paxton system for your car is emissions legal in all 50 states under CARB EO #D-195-19.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton not being reputable???? You realize they have been in business for almost 40 years and tested their systems thoroughly while Roe was having heating issues, etc...?

Heating issues?? Are you talking about the couple of people who overheated their cats? Boy that was a real problem.

And your kit wasn't DIY if Archer installed it and tuned it. You have exhaust mods, which Paxton has specifically said are unsuited for a DIY install of their kit. And if you do get anywhere near 700's on a dyno, then you really, really don't have a DIY kit as Paxton's kit is only rated in the low 600's at the flywheel, or mid-500's on a dyno. Where are the people who have done a DIY Paxton install on their own car and say it works fine? Not saying there aren't any, but we know there are numerous owners who fit that description with the Roe kit. The only Paxton DIY'ers around here seem unhappy to say the least.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heating issues?? Are you talking about the couple of people who overheated their cats? Boy that was a real problem.

And your kit wasn't DIY if Archer installed it and tuned it. You have exhaust mods, which Paxton has specifically said are unsuited for a DIY install of their kit. And if you do get anywhere near 700's on a dyno, then you really, really don't have a DIY kit as Paxton's kit is only rated in the low 600's at the flywheel, or mid-500's on a dyno. Where are the people who have done a DIY Paxton install on their own car and say it works fine? Not saying there aren't any, but we know there are numerous owners who fit that description with the Roe kit. The only Paxton DIY'ers around here seem unhappy to say the least.

I couldnt have said it better, DEAD ON THE MONEY !! Thank you.

Jon

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heating issues ? etc ? hehehe, where did you get this from ??? you dont have to bash ROE S/C to prove Paxton is better!!! facts are facts many are not happy with paxton support and YES ROE S/C is better not just because i installed it, its because ROE S/C runs better, installation is way more easier and yet it comes with a SUPPORT from a guy who dedicate him self to his products and customers.

Don’t get me wrong i wont bash or hate a product if i didn’t installed it /used it.But Paxton needs to improve there support and solve some members issues here, other than that ROE S/C is proven to be the best DIY money can buy. Enough said

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have installed more roe systems than i can count and all are trouble free.NO issues at all,and the system continues to improve.The paxton, we have done 3 and all were modified to our specs and we are very happy with the results.In my honest opinion there is only one DIY kit and that is the Roe system.Taking no credit from paxton but i believe this system needs to be installed by competent tuners and as with all new systems there is small bugs to be worked out in the out of the box system.I believe paxton/vortech to be very reputable and experienced in this field and forsee these bugs being worked out in the very near future.I highly recomend if you purchase the paxton system that you do it from a paxton distributor that way when there are issues your dealer can assist you as i have found paxtons support to be great in such situations.We had a couple of shipments missing minor parts and they bent over backwards to locate and overnight the needed parts at no cost and no questions asked. not to mention how can you not like this http://www.vipersbyelite.com/viper_091.htm

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
85jerry.gif
85jerry.gif
85jerry.gif
85jerry.gif

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kind of reminds me of when someone says they bought Cisco Systems networking equipment, instead of brand X. Sure you dont impress anyone with your trend setting ways, because you took the SURE thing. Its anti climatic, because its known to work. This is Roe.

IF you chose Paxton, you will peak peoples interest, but your probability of getting burned is MUCH higher.

Take the sure thing.

Jon

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GO WITH THE ROE. DIMITRIOS YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY ROE S/C WHEN YOU COME TO THE NORTHEAST EXOTIC CAR SHOW WE ARE PUTTING ON. ALSO CHECK OUT MY AVATAR. SEE YOU ON THE 19TH. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes made up my mind. Jerry ive seen your set up under the hood at chucks. looks sweet. i was just concerened with HP. your looks very unique. see u in a few weeks. Oh BTW did you mean this pic??

432DSC_0646.jpg