Roe SC owners - need measurement for 8lb pulley

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally picked up my car with the Roe setup :) Im wondering if roe sent me a 6.5lb pulley though as my boost gauge is only reading 6-6 1/2 lbs of boost in any gear.

Can someone measure the FACE of the pulley and tell me what your 8lb pulley is. My pulley measures 2 5/8 measuring the entire face.

Thanks!

mike

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 8lb pulley is 2 5/8. Nothing close to 6 inches for a blower pulley.

OP
OP
M

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks! I typed that wrong, its 2 5/8 :)

Hmm, guess its time to check the boost gauge and see whats up, definatly sounds like an 8lb pulley.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike,

I'm experiencing the same exact thing. I thought something was a little fishy. I get 6 lbs in any gear max, with my 8lb pulley. Had it tuned by PBJ and they said they were getting 10-11. Not sure what's up and I haven't taken it back due to time constaints. I'll probably look into it next year. BTW, I'm using an Autometer electronic gauge with it's own MAP sensor.

OP
OP
M

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I'm experiencing the same exact thing. I thought something was a little fishy. I get 6 lbs in any gear max, with my 8lb pulley. Had it tuned by PBJ and they said they were getting 10-11. Not sure what's up and I haven't taken it back due to time constaints. I'll probably look into it next year. BTW, I'm using an Autometer electronic gauge with it's own MAP sensor.

So you think its the gauge as well? PBJ was seeing 10-11lbs of boost on the car?
Im taking my car down to PBJ in 2 weeks and i dont want to bring it down with any issues ya know.

Check your PM too :)

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

My car was over 12#'s when Joe tuned it, big time boost creep. This was with the 8# pulley.

martyb

OP
OP
M

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

My car was over 12#'s when Joe tuned it, big time boost creep. This was with the 8# pulley.

martyb

Hopefully this is the case when i go down to PBJ. I knew i should of just gotten an wideband 02 and gauge instead of the boost gauge, its useless :)

Reaction score
It has to do with WHERE you are getting the MAP signal from. I think my hose (with Autometer gauge) was coming from the VEC2...it has to come right from the *** on the back of the driver side tube (no easier way to say it).

Or something like that! I know mine was off a bit.....then I re-routed it and it was good.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also, boost is a measure of backpressure. example: if you have a stock car w/ a pulley (size doesn't matter) and it gets 10lbs of boost on it and then you change ONLY the heads to higher flowing. you might now only see 8 lbs of boost. or 6. or 5 (w/ stryker heads)! Will the engine be more efficient at 5 lbs of boost than at 10? yup. will it make more power there? yup. is the natural instinct then to bump up the boost? yup. can you do that w/ a supercharger? yup, as long as you haven't hit max efficiency of the supercharger.

so an 8psi /8 lb pulley might mean 8 lbs. it might mean 10, and it might mean 6. it all depends on the efficiency of the vehicle.

end tangent. good luck!

JD

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to do with WHERE you are getting the MAP signal from. I think my hose (with Autometer gauge) was coming from the VEC2...it has to come right from the *** on the back of the driver side tube (no easier way to say it).

Or something like that! I know mine was off a bit.....then I re-routed it and it was good.

I don't think the tube's ever have boost on them. That is a vacuum "***" only.

Reaction score
But doesn't the MAP sensor that comes with the AutoMeter gauge simply (not to over-simplify) convert a given vacuum at that point....into displayed boost?

:confused: Its all PFM to me anyways!!!

OP
OP
M

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments. Im going to wait till i get down to PBJ so he can monitor the boost while tuning the Vec2 to see if its where the gauge is installed or what. :) then ill go from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness