Roe SC results

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
124viperdyno-med.jpg

Before and after dyno curves for Roe SC.
I finally dynoed after my Roe SC installation along with the addition of 70mm TBs,3inch smooth tubes,Heffner airbox,1.7 T&Ds,and VEC-1.I knew something was wrong before my dyno as the car did'nt feel much faster after all the mods,and as you can see it actually lost power in the mid range and only made power at 5500.Terrible torque curve.MSD was set at 1.5 and VEC +20 but still ran lean at high RPM.Any ideas why so bad??
confused.gif

Car had Bellanger Headers/Exhaust hiflo cats on both before and after runs.

S

SUN RA KAT

I have the same lean condition at full throttle, so I don't go full throttle until the VEC2 is installed. The VEC2 will take care of the factory PCM going into a lean condition at full throttle. The MSD easily removes the ping, but at the expense of power. The VEC2 will remove the ping, but put back power in the RPM band where retarding the spark curve isn't needed.

The VEC2 is due out late this month. You should see major gains in power - around 600 rear wheel HP with your mods.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GASDOC, you've got some sort of problem, for sure. Have you talked to Sean? And I wouldn't go hammering on the car until you get it straightened out, either.

OP
OP
G

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have talked to Sean and he was very helpful.It seems the 2000-2002 cars are having more problems and the new VEC-2 will help alot.Hopefully I will have mine soon and will re-Dyno.There are probably several (hopefully)small things that need fixing/adjusting to get things right.The supercharger itself is truly a work of art and a quality piece of hardware.
I was just wondering if anwone with a 2000-2002 and Roe SC could post their Dyno graphs so I can compare.
smile.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you try it with the VEC1 set lower like +5 or zero? There is a significant drop in power with high settings and timing box at 2. I tried the VEC1 at +15 and MSD at 2 there was a VERY significant loss in power. It seems to run good at zero on the VEC1 and 2 on the MSD box but it still has a noticeable loss in power over no MSD box.

If your checking the A/F at the tail pipes it will read HIGH because you have high flow cats on. So you may actually have a good A/F but it's reading high, so the +20 on the VEC1 may not be needed.

Also anyone having plug fouling problems? My #9 & 10 foul very quickly in 5-10 minutes, the rest are perfect. I've tried various negative low setting which seem to make no difference at all. It's odd that the last plug on both sides are getting fouled but the others are not. This happens at idle and driving at very low throttle (i.e. no boost) The #10 is the worst and I've received several misfire check engine light codes for #10 I've contacted Sean but still having problems. Any ideas?

S

SUN RA KAT

MES - I had the same problems with plugs, especially #10, trying to foul. I contacted Sean & did option #2, which is to block off the vent on the supercharger intake tube and put the stock crankcase vent system back on and connected to the driver's side air box. I've driven it for about 100 miles and no engine check codes were thrown & it keeps running better and better as the last of the crankcase blow by disappears back into the engine.

I saw the LED display on my VEC1 showing an extreme lean condition at full throttle and even adjusting the VEC1 to +20 didn't stop it, so I just use part throttle - where the air/fuel mixture is perfect - until I get the VEC2 & have it installed, hopefully later this month.

I had to adjust the MSD Boost Retard box from 1.5 to 1.67 when I went from 94 octane gas to 93 octane gas. There was a noticable loss of power, but at least there was no pinging and the VEC2 will take care of all the problems I've had listed above dealing with air/fuel/timing issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte