Roe Supercharger Question

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the max efficiency of the Roe? In other words, at what PSI does the Roe supercharger max out at or start to become inefficient? Thinking about going with one but want to know how much I can turn the boost up on it. Thanks!

-Brent

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the max efficiency of the Roe? In other words, at what PSI does the Roe supercharger max out at or start to become inefficient? Thinking about going with one but want to know how much I can turn the boost up on it. Thanks!

-Brent

Need specifics on car?? What year? Supporting mods to go with it? This is a pretty subjective question, the tune is important.....

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the max psi you can get with a Roe setup is 14psi - 12# pulley (if you can find one) and DW crank pulley

I've heard they really start putting out excess heat above 10psi

OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need specifics on car?? What year? Supporting mods to go with it? This is a pretty subjective question, the tune is important.....

Oh sorry LOL car is a 1999 GTS:

The motor is set up for boost. 8:1 compression, stock cubes, all rebuilt with nothing but the best. Ported heads, blower cam (high lift, short duration) Car had a paxton on it for a short time before I bought it. Also has headers, no cats, smooth tubes, catback, and I will be getting a VEC II or III on it for the tune.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh sorry LOL car is a 1999 GTS:

The motor is set up for boost. 8:1 compression, stock cubes, all rebuilt with nothing but the best. Ported heads, blower cam (high lift, short duration) Car had a paxton on it for a short time before I bought it. Also has headers, no cats, smooth tubes, catback, and I will be getting a VEC II or III on it for the tune.

Roe's supercharger kit comes with the Vec 3. Add water/methanol and run 10#. since it'll make well over 700rwtq at 2,000rpm it'll take 850-1000rwhp TT or Paxton to keep up with that probably. What makes the Roe special is that huge torque at all speeds. Drive in 6th always and that'll supply enough power to pass, go over mountains and drive at 1200rpm without shifting. It'll also do mind boggling burnouts.

Ask Sean Roe, Macedo Motorsports and various other tuners for specifics on your car, engine and mods since they're all different.

Ted

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the max psi you can get with a Roe setup is 14psi - 12# pulley (if you can find one) and DW crank pulley

I've heard they really start putting out excess heat above 10psi

I am running a 12# pulley and a David Weaver crank pulley. My Roe was also ported. It will be putting out atleast 14#. I have only had it to 2-3# so far (tuning...:rolleyes:)

I am also running a Fluidyne rad. ,a 170* thermostat, methanol inj. and a Roe fan kit.

No problems with heat whatsoever...so far. I have sat idling with ac on too...:)

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 10 pound pulley on mine (stock heads/stock motor). I see 11 pounds in the upper rpms.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a 10lb pulley with a DW lower crank pulley. Heads, cam, water/****, fuel system and AEM.

753/790 from the roe, that thing must move. Probably take a 800+ Paxton to even keep up if your getting traction.

OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys. My goals for the car is to have over 700/700 but was worried about the lower compression of the motor inhibiting that with a ROE. Forgot about **** and I'm sure the blower cam and ported heads will really shine once some PSI is going through!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 9-1 Ross pistons in my car. The water/**** is to add "chemical intercooling and increase the timing for more hp.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys. My goals for the car is to have over 700/700 but was worried about the lower compression of the motor inhibiting that with a ROE. Forgot about **** and I'm sure the blower cam and ported heads will really shine once some PSI is going through!
Nick at Modern Perf has a custom built intercooler available for the above (732)222-3679 that lowers the air inlet temp big time

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the low CR is gonna make it tougher to get a hgher number but id think it would keep it safer/more streetable.

keep us posted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All the older stockers ran 8.2 - 1 compression. Turbo Dodges and the Stealth TTs ran that compression and it seemed to work for them.

What compression have you got Plum?

Ted

OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 9-1 Ross pistons in my car. The water/**** is to add "chemical intercooling and increase the timing for more hp.

Ted

Right. I am definately going to add **** to whatever supercharger that I decide to get.

Nick at Modern Perf has a custom built intercooler available for the above (732)222-3679 that lowers the air inlet temp big time

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

the low CR is gonna make it tougher to get a hgher number but id think it would keep it safer/more streetable.

keep us posted
Yeah that wouldn't be a bad thing. I will definately keep you updated!

OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a novi 2000 is a novi 2000. all the same. so yes its the same unit. gonna need a real fuel system, some other mods and good tuning but it is the one that everyone uses

OP
OP

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I heard that the fule system *****. A good 255 with a BAP and a better intercooler are what is needed from what I have been told. Thanks for the input.

I am probably going to stick with the Roe and ****. :D