roe supercharger rebuild poll

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know who has had their roe rebuilt, by what company, and how durable is the unit compared to factory? Thanks

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I sold mine, I had PSE Superchargers go over it and "freshin it up" so the new owner could have their warranty and a like new compressor.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autorotor units used in Roe's kits should be able to outlast the engine... Except for letting it run dry on oil (more common than you think) I haven't heard of a compressor unit failing. I have one on my Grand Cherokee that's been going strong for over 100,000 miles now. Since new it uses a bit of oil and since they don't hold much oil in the reservoir, I've needed to check it and top it off about every other week or so. Other than that and the ocassional (15,000 mile) full oil change, no maintenance has been necessary.

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no idea that Sean stopped rebuilding. If so, its a recent thing, as he completely went through my ROE prior to me installing it in my '01. For what he does, its completely and utterly worth it. Everything arrived as it would have if I'd have bought it new... boxed, labeled and with new instruction sheets. Sean is amazingly helpful, and knows his stuff inside and out.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention in my post above - if you get your supercharger rebuilt, definitely request the Eaton internal parts (bearings, gears, seals). The whole Lysholm, Autorotor, Whipple, Eaton twin-screw thing is confusing - they're basically the same units but individually licensed for their own application, and in the case of Eaton, it's an OEM application that had to pass very stringent long-term durability tests. Eaton spent a LOT of money designing internals that wouldn't kill the auto manufacturer with warranty claims, so their parts tend to be a bit better.

Edit: Talked a guy I know at Kenne Bell and he said my info above was wrong - in their opinion, Eaton is a whole different application and of lower quality than the Autorotor and Lysholm units. For what it's worth, they have a service where they'll rebuild any twin-screw supercharger for $699 ($949 if you ran it dry on oil). They say that their parts are superior to anyone else's - but who knows... At least it is another option for those who live near Rancho Cucamonga. Just my $0.02 - I have no relationship with KB other than having used their products in the past with good results.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4