Roe vs. Paxton/Vortech superchargers. Which is better?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the guys that prefer screw type s/c can get Kenne Bell to develop a kit for the Viper that incorporates the Blowzilla unit. Then you would have something to brag about out of the box. Unfortunately it would be expensive because it would also have to include a new hood for the car since the screw type s/c doesn't even fit properly under a stock hood

Now you've lost me. The Roe s/c is a twin-screw Autorotor--the same type of blower KB uses--which was chosen specifically for the Viper with the involvement of Autorotor. Only the Roe is a 2.4 liter Autorotor, while the Blowzilla is a 2.2 liter. So unless you're saying KB's version of the Autorotor has some super secret proprietary unobtanium in it, a Blowzilla would likely produce less power than the unit Roe is using (which btw does fit under the stock hood--barely).

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't argue with that. Drag racing or street racing though. Forget about a screw type.

There are plenty of Roe cars doing VERY well at the V-10 Nationals. Take a look at the cars Larry Macedo is producing, as well as Tony Armour's car. They may not be the hp kings, but their times are very respectable. Especially for the money they have invested.

Larry builds some awesome cars. But by no means are they inexpensive. For example look at Vern Hill's car. It's a work of art, but I'm sure he's got many thousands of $ in it. Tony has far less in his and at the moment has better timeslips although I know Vern's car is capable of running in the 9's.
Btw, I'm sure I was wrong on my numbers @3000. When Kevin calls me back I will post the correct ones.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THOSE TWO PICTURES ARE REAL BEAUTYS CASEY !!!!!! Now put the hood on and make the picture from the same location and see what you have got :laugh: I'm more of a race than a poser so I really have no preference, but I do think it's funny bragging about a view you will never see with the hood on.

Let me tell you what boy's and girls. My car has a stock motor with rockers/headers/no cats/exhaust. I've got $100 bucks that says with no nitrous I can spank any Paxton DIY kit on a similar set up engine that shows up in Bradenton from a roll or at the drag strip. Further more, I've got $1000 that says I can beat that same car at the autocross with ANY driver. You game 1badsnk ????? or do you have a DIY Paxton on a Viper ? Have you ever had a Paxton DIY on a Viper ?

Tony
A DIY is the keyword. Eveybody knows to run a DYI s/c is ignorant without a proper knowledgeable mechanic set up to do a proper tune. Maybe the stock motor Paxton undergroundracing 9 second GTS will be there. I heard someone in Tampa just bought it so that is close to Bradenton.

As far as running my car it wouldn't even be a race. You would spank it. My car still runs slower than I think it should. It only ran a 12.0/119 mph on motor and 11.6/132mph on the juice 2 weeks ago in Gainesville. Granted I only have pilots for tires and everyone seemed to have run a little slower that day. Who knows!

I have never had a paxton viper just a roe and now switched to BTR NOS;however, I have had several bad ass Mustangs over my years with Vortech(the best), paxton, procharger,powerdyne, Eaton, blah blah. I have never ever lost to an equally equipped Mustang with a Kenne Bell on it and they are the hands down leader in screw type s/c for all out power.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
[a Blowzilla would likely produce less power than the unit Roe is using (which btw does fit under the stock hood--barely).]

Come on. The blowzilla would definately not produce less power.(and btw it didn't fit under my hood after 2 attempts to get it right) That was my experience.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't argue with that. Drag racing or street racing though. Forget about a screw type.

There are plenty of Roe cars doing VERY well at the V-10 Nationals. Take a look at the cars Larry Macedo is producing, as well as Tony Armour's car. They may not be the hp kings, but their times are very respectable. Especially for the money they have invested.

Actually, all you have to do is look at the point standings of the V-10 Nationals. What cars are 1,2 and 3? Roe s/c cars :headbang: :headbang:

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL i can't help but think of all the people who read this are going to go out and buy a twinscrew ....they'll think it's JUST a simple bolt on deal. Just to find out their shyt is too slow and they will be dumping more money in these cars to go as fast as a paxton ;) .

so you say the Macedo cars are doing so great? well, how many of those cars are built as DIY???

:headbang:

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, all you have to do is look at the point standings of the V-10 Nationals. What cars are 1,2 and 3? Roe s/c cars :headbang: :headbang:

[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike. I know this is a Viper site and I can't change the fact that Paxton hasn't been in the Viper business as long and that the other companies like Vortech and Procharger haven't come onboard yet and may never. My basic arguement is in the rest of the world in racing, every magazine rack, etc.....It's TURBOS,NOS,or CENTRIFUGAL = POWER. Not a screw s/c.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...I was going to go back and edit my posts...I will leave them and stand behind what I said. For those of you that know me.....well.....you can see the smile on my face every time I post :) Those that don't know me in person...well, you should ;)

Now...I want to check out the last congrats post that Larry did to himself....errr...I mean the owners :)

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL i can't help but think of all the people who read this are going to go out and buy a twinscrew ....they'll think it's JUST a simple bolt on deal. Just to find out their shyt is too slow and they will be dumping more money in these cars to go as fast as a paxton ;) .

so you say the Macedo cars are doing so great? well, how many of those cars are built as DIY???

I paid $400 for the install of the roe S/C (why do it yourself) and got back 600RHP. 20,000 miles later still running good! Yes it fits under the hood.
Not incredible hp but for $7400 installation included you get a very quick street car.

S

SUN RA KAT

As far as racing these high HP cars, experience and pure driving talent determines the winner almost always over pure power.

Unless you are one heck of a talented driver with tons of driving experience and a very fast car, anyone else would be a fool to race Tony Armor for money.

I wish I had half of his talent.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Mike. I know this is a Viper site and I can't change the fact that Paxton hasn't been in the Viper business as long and that the other companies like Vortech and Procharger haven't come onboard yet and may never. My basic arguement is in the rest of the world in racing, every magazine rack, etc.....It's TURBOS,NOS,or CENTRIFUGAL = POWER. Not a screw s/c.

[/QUOTE]

You're correct Mike,
Most are using something other than the twin screw. They do ultimately make more power, BUT (there is always a BUTT somewhere :D ) for the money, Roe is hard to beat. If I had unlimited funds I would probably go the turbo route, BUTT I don't :( :( . For the question of the M2 cars and DITY, I did the install myself and took it to Larry for fine tuning to get the most out of it. Ultimately, isn't that what we all want? :2tu: :2tu:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a quick thought. All you guys with a paxton, vortec, etc...running at higher boost. Why are you guys always say we put out more HP than the Roe, that is beating a dead horse. Of course you are putting out more HP in the RW. But how much is too much for you guys to handle. The most important thing is using the power to its full potential. What good is 1000+ HP if you can't put it down on the track? The reason why I say that is that I have a friend that has a Roe S/C with an 8lb pulley and a 75 shot of NOS and he runs 10.2 (I am sure this is correct) IN Hawaii (the track ***** here (almost .5 slower). The VEC2 is programmed to dump NOS between 4-6RPM at WOT.

Point of the post. I have a Roe S/C as well, with a off the shelf NOS set-up of 75 or 100 shot, if I drove as well as my friend, I can go 9s just like you high boost S/C cars (but I want to say that I am not anywhere close to being a good driver). So $7495 for the Roe set-up (which comes with everything and a $1000 NOS kit (includes the extras, standard kit is like $600). I can compete with all else being equal.

So no matter how you get your HP, NOS or higher boost it depends on how well you drive. And I think that having the VEC2 set-up like my friend, it is much easier to manage than a higher boost car.

I also had a vortec S/C mustang before too. So I am speaking from experience, even tho limited. Just my two cents.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on. The blowzilla would definately not produce less power

Uh, why not? Please explain KB's magical version of the Autorotor that makes more power while moving ~10% less air per revolution. Please note that I have a Heffner Paxton setup and am not defending what I bought, although I used to have a Roe.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus Fast? thats alot of mods what are your peak HP/TQ numbers?

read my sig. made sure i built it so i can add anything on top of the motor if needed.

no one is going to take tony up on his bet? :confused: tony we need to see a 60 to 160mph or so roll on to see what these roe blower cars can do from a roll against a paxton car.i'd be willing to run one anywhere near vegas.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THOSE TWO PICTURES ARE REAL BEAUTYS CASEY !!!!!! Now put the hood on and make the picture from the same location and see what you have got :laugh: I'm more of a race than a poser so I really have no preference, but I do think it's funny bragging about a view you will never see with the hood on.

I guess you are right, NOT MANY actually have the chance to see my intercooler! Usually, the Rear of my GTS is all they see! :p

Nice try with the RACER idea though, you are Drag Racing a Viper, so it's obvious that you have POSER in you!! :p

Oh, yeah, my Heffner setup is Both Poser/Power!! :headbang:

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on. The blowzilla would definately not produce less power

Uh, why not? Please explain KB's magical version of the Autorotor that makes more power while moving ~10% less air per revolution. Please note that I have a Heffner Paxton setup and am not defending what I bought, although I used to have a Roe.

Are you serious? I know some don't like to hear this but we all know it's true. BIGGER IS BETTER! That's why we like 488 cu.in. motors not 130 cu.in. ricers. That's why we are on this topic in this forum in seek of bigger power from our cars. That's why the SRT-10 is bigger. That's why if the blowzilla would have fit our cars it would have been used as a kit not the smaller one. That's why nobody uses, for example: a B trim Vortech anymore when you can use the S, T, or Yz trim. Because it's bigger and more powerful.

Bigger units create more boost, faster boost, and a cooler charge.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess you are right, NOT MANY actually have the chance to see my intercooler! Usually, the Rear of my GTS is all they see! :p

Nice try with the RACER idea though, you are Drag Racing a Viper, so it's obvious that you have POSER in you!! :p

Oh, yeah, my Heffner setup is Both Poser/Power!! :headbang:

haha....just messin with you. I kinda like the looks OR lack of looks of the TT's (quiet too). Maybe if I win the lotto I could do that and paint the intercooler black, hmmmm. NO !!!

Actually, one of the downsides I saw/see with the Roe was losing the factory intake. On the other hand, with the Roe you do get a little more visual on the power adder. Who knows, who cares, who started this thread :laugh: you need to find a few different cars and ride/drive to see what you want. Or, step up and let one of the great tuners take care of you.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Tony, you might have just finished off this Silly discussion by introducing the TT into the thread!! :p

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...I was going to go back and edit my posts...I will leave them and stand behind what I said. For those of you that know me.....well.....you can see the smile on my face every time I post :) Those that don't know me in person...well, you should ;)

Now...I want to check out the last congrats post that Larry did to himself....errr...I mean the owners :)
You must be registered for see images

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus Fast? thats alot of mods what are your peak HP/TQ numbers?

read my sig. made sure i built it so i can add anything on top of the motor if needed.

no one is going to take tony up on his bet? :confused: tony we need to see a 60 to 160mph or so roll on to see what these roe blower cars can do from a roll against a paxton car.i'd be willing to run one anywhere near vegas.

Why don't you ever show up at the V-10 Nats?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious? I know some don't like to hear this but we all know it's true. BIGGER IS BETTER! That's why we like 488 cu.in. motors not 130 cu.in. ricers. That's why we are on this topic in this forum in seek of bigger power from our cars. That's why the SRT-10 is bigger. That's why if the blowzilla would have fit our cars it would have been used as a kit not the smaller one. That's why nobody uses, for example: a B trim Vortech anymore when you can use the S, T, or Yz trim. Because it's bigger and more powerful.

Mike, are you actually reading what I wrote? :) The Autorotor Roe uses is BIGGER (2.4 liter v. 2.2 liter) than the traditional Blowzilla (I have heard that KB has or will be coming out with a new 2.4 liter Blowzilla for the Mustang Cobra, but I'm not sure if it's out yet, and either way it will be the same size as the Roe).

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike, are you actually reading what I wrote? :) The Autorotor Roe uses is BIGGER (2.4 liter v. 2.2 liter) than the traditional Blowzilla (I have heard that KB has or will be coming out with a new 2.4 liter Blowzilla for the Mustang Cobra, but I'm not sure if it's out yet, and either way it will be the same size as the Roe).

Holy cow, RedGTS. You are a very NICE, extremely patient person.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cream puff, base Paxton kit: 570rwhp/538rwtq I don't know if there were any mods on this car.

Any body have dyno numbers on a cream puff Roe car with ZERO mods ?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trust me the Macedo Roe cars have lots of money invested in their engines and tons of experimenting with that s/c to run 10's.

The paxton car(Matt's old car) from undergroundracing with no engine work,exhaust, and a CENTRIFUGAL s/c ran 9's it's first race.

Maybe the guys that prefer screw type s/c can get Kenne Bell to develop a kit for the Viper that incorporates the Blowzilla unit. Then you would have something to brag about out of the box. Unfortunately it would be expensive because it would also have to include a new hood for the car since the screw type s/c doesn't even fit properly under a stock hood

[/QUOTE]

I'm refering to 1Tony1's car. He has minimal $$ in mods and has been in the 9's.

I agree BLOWNGTS is an awesome car! I'm not disputing that at all or the great work Underground Racing does. But that car is more than the basic DIY paxton kit. More boost and a fuel sytem.

Not all of Macedo's cars have head/cam work. I'm just saying if you have 7-8 grand to spend, the Roe kit is better than the basic Paxton.

Kenne Bell and Roe both use the Autorotor compressor. What is the blowzilla compressor? I have seen it advertised, but I wan't aware it was any different.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most are using something other than the twin screw. They do ultimately make more power, BUT (there is always a BUTT somewhere :D ) for the money, Roe is hard to beat. If I had unlimited funds I would probably go the turbo route, BUTT I don't :( :( . For the question of the M2 cars and DITY, I did the install myself and took it to Larry for fine tuning to get the most out of it. Ultimately, isn't that what we all want? :2tu: :2tu:

Exactly how I feel.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll take tony in go kart racing ?

BTW, no one has a DIY paxton kit (or at least not for long), cuz they are ticking time bombs... nice joke though..

Jon

I LOOKED OVER PAXTON'S WEBSITE OVER AND OVER AND COULD NOT FIND ANY MENTION OF DIY....

VD..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[
:lol:

That's ok Tony, I won't hold it against you that you can't put an intercooler on your car.....and get some manly numbers.... ;) :) :2tu: I'll give you the lead. Cmon.. this will only be my 2nd time drag racing..... ;)

Gerald, Why are you quoting someone else and replying to me ???? Did you not read my challange, it included a street roll. Have you never done that ? I think I have seen several videos....so much for that excuse :laugh: Heres your options: Either race me OR you have to go to Mons with us :laugh: :cool:

:cool: :D hmmm, that might be good money for me. Roll on with you, and you can't run Nitrous? $1,000? :eek: :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32