Roll Bar on an RT/10 -- is it UGLY?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Do any of you have a photo of your RT/10 with roll bar installed, without the top on? I am considering doing this, but am afraid it will look ugly with the top off. I did a search and can only find photos of RT/10's with the tops on with the rollbar installed.

Also, what's the best rate you've found for a good roll bar system for a Gen 1 RT/10 as well as a 5 point harness?

viper_man40

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a autoform roll bar myself this winter in a 94 r/t. Was pretty easy to do for a do it yourselfer. However, the directions that came with it was really bad. The guys at autoform did everything they could to help out and clear up any questions I had. Now for looks, fellow viper owners and myself think it looks great. And my wife included. $1200.00 for the roll bar and new rear bulkhead cover with cut outs for harness is included. There are other roll bars out there but you will have to check and see what has to be done to your car to install them. I also installed Team Tech (rampac) harness, about $325 each. They are really top quailty but there are others for a lot less money. Just depends on what you want. I would take a pic but getting ready to leave in the morning for the viper days event at Gingerman Raceway. So maybe when I get back I will see about getting you some pics of the roll bar.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not seen any in person. But the pictures that I have seen were of a variety of RT/10 Vipers with roll bars, and I thought the two went together great. The Vipers look sportier. They look like they mean serious business.

You must be registered for see images

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have a custom rollbar installed in mine. I don't care for the "double-****" look of the ones I've seen out there. They're fine as long as the top is on, but I don't like the fact that they stick way over the sport bar. The guy that is going to do mine is going to make it conform to the sport bar without the "double-humps".

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary - one word of warning: make sure whatever you install conforms to NHRA spec if you're going to be racing at a NHRA track. If I recall they specify something with a hoop and a backbrace for the driver. And the techs do check when you start running low 10s.

FWIW, here's the rollbar in my RT:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben,

Thanks for the info. Do you have side bars too or just a roll bar? Is yours the autoform roll bar?

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben,

How much does did your set up cost you?

Will all hard tops fit over the bars?

At 6'3, is what you have good enough for me, if I installed the same thing?

Thanks for your help.

Manny

FWIW, here's the rollbar in my RT:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fugly.One hoop 2 inches lower in line with the basket handle,triangulated driver to passenger side would be preferable of course with a front facing or rear facing brace to prevent colapse would be preferable. Bruce

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary - mine is the Autoform bar, and I have a removeable side bar on the driver's side (passenger side is not required).

Manny - I don't know what Autoform currently charges for the bar w/sidebar; mine was the first one they did. Make sure you find a shop with some experience installing rollbars / cages in Vipers. The Autoform setup does fit perfectly under the stock hardtop on my '01. You lose the last click in rearward seat movement with the 'bar I have, so I am not sure if that will work with your height?

Bruce - you're of course entitled to your opinion on aesthetics, but realize that functionally a bar which only comes up to the top of the sport cap will NOT protect a driver with a helmet. Safety over "bling" for this driver, thank you...

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another picture of a rollbar in chrome, bling bling!

You must be registered for see images attach

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it give the rt/10 an aggressive look! Ben your car is albout Bling from the **** Daddy Doug Levin! Bling Bling Money ain't a thang to Ben...that didn't rhyme.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis,its TOOOFST at Paolo's party,Doesn't my car look 2seconds faster than treynor's,just sitting.

[/QUOTE]

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor, What is that little cylinder poking out of the front fascia? Is that a camera or a radar detector?

Jay K.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOOFST...I really like the look of chrome. It does make it more aggressive looking and much faster like you said :D

PS...I had a shot of the car and you together but didn't want to scare anyone. :shocked: