Roll of Discussion Forum

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems now, is to find a particular topic of interest.

Currently, there are a number of specialized forums but the problem is that EVERYONE goes to the General Discussion Forum.

So that means that topics that belong under modifications get put in the general forum. This lessens the integrity of the specialized topic forums.

What I would propose is the "elimination" or the "general" forum and that all postings would be placed in the appropriate specific forum. Then, there would be a "log" forum which would list every posting made on the site.

With this system, all modification postings would be forced into the modification forum and if a person simply wanted to browse everything going on in the site, the lot forum would provide that ability. Currently, that ability is not possible since you would have to browse all of the individual forums.

While this would entail double listing each posting, it would force topics to be better organized and would allow better access of the postings by members.

Thanks for your time.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah yesssssss.... Active Topics!

This is exactly what I had in mind.

My only suggestion is that it is not limited to "today."

Although the search page is invoked, the standard active list could have the standard "how many days to show" pulldown.

Sometimes I don't get to the forum for a few days.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang