Roof problem on my 1994 RT/10

Swedish Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a new roof to my RT/10 since the one that came with the used car was smashed and would not fold.

One problem, it doesn´t fit my car!! The whole roof seems to be to long, so it sits on top of the windscreen in front. As soon as I hit 45, it lets in wind and water!!!

Can I adjust it in any way to fit my car or has the Viper RT/10:s cabin grown thru 96-02???

The new roof has the smooth plastic surface, not the canvas surface.....

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you have is an early 92-93 Soft Top. They are plastic coated canvas. All the early tops leaked along the top rail. Dodge did replace some under warrantee. When I got my car I had the same problem, bought a better top off e-bay, I just lucked out.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plus, the pin lengths differed between the years. For instance, when I bought my '95 (used) in late 1997, there was also a '92 on the lot. As it turned out, the clueless sales people gave me the '92 top and windows (perhaps I shouldn't be so critical, as I didn't learn what I had for a couple of months) instead of the '95 top and windows.

While the '92 top actually very closely fitted the '95, it still leaked across the front rail. So, I carried a roll of black duct tape beside the spare tire, and whenever it looked like rain, I'd put a single strip of tape across the leading edge. As I rarely drove the car in the rain (because driving a dirty viper is just, well, not allowed), I only had to do this perhaps six or seven times - mostly while driving cross-country in the rain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant