Rotrex supercharger

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody tried to fit a Rotrex supercharger on a Viper ?

(Rotrex)

It has a very good adiabatic efficiency. Installation could be easy and a kit would turn in the $5000.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no problem at all with the sizing. The SC is intented to boost performance by 100hp and keeping the Viper reliable. If you want rocket high HP number you better go with a turbo. The advantage of this kit is its size and efficiency. No need for intercooling when boost is kept at 6psi.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You say 5000 bucks but the cheapest after market Rotrex kits I see are in the 6000+ range.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The supercharger itself with all the bolts and cooling system turns around $1500 cost. Then add: Air filter, piping, bypass valve, allum support, pulleys, pcm programming­.

You keep stock injectors since boost will be around 4-5psi.
And you got a reliable engine with 100hp more.

This supercharger under its actual availability is not intended for rocket high HP numbers.
However it could be a very good daily driver while boosting performance at a very reasonnable cost.

Last edited:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, it could be a reasonable and maybe cheap solution to those wanting less than record breaking numbers. If you could piece together a system that could gain 100 or so whp for the cost of exhaust/cats/headers/rockers, I could see it working. 3000 bucks, bolt on 100whp. I'd buy it. I'm never going to be able to rationalize spending $7000+ on any system, unless I become filthy rich.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice info., but it's really no different than just buying a Procharger or Vortech(Paxton) head unit and doing all the work yourself. They are about $1,500 for the headunit.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is the adiabatic efficiency and the size of this type of supercharger.
Both Patron and Procharger need intercooling. But I am not an expert.
I am wondering if this supercharger has a real advantage compared to the others (Espectially regarding izing and adiabatic parameters ).

If I have time I will dig into but before I wanted to know if somebody has already done.

By the way, I am not the one that will put this supercharger on the market :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960