Roughly what should a "creampuff" dyno at on a 150 shot???

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roughly what should a \"creampuff\" dyno at on a 150 shot???

Let's hear it...supplementing with gasoline off the fuel rail...What should I expect, roughly???

150shot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roughly what should a

SNake- try to keep the bottle anywhere between 900-1200 psi, the higher it is it will hit harder as well..

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Depends on the nitrous setup, a properly jetted NX kit should deliver about 540-550. If this is an NOS setup probably 520 or so.

PS. Dual bottles? You plan on jetting up to a 400-500shot? Or are you just going for that *** and the Curious look?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dual bottles is a VERY good idea! It maintains bottle pressure for consistency, and you can go longer between refills. I'd try to stay between 1000 and 1200. Any more is too much, and any less will result in a drastic power loss. If you're running a 150 shot with an NX kit, you should see an additional 150rwhp. I've always gotten the advertised gains from NX. To avoid premature battery death, you really should run the car when you have two bottle heaters on.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep in mind that the factory fuel system can only support about 580 HP before leaning starts to occur.

Take care,

Tom

OP
OP
S

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Russ M

Or are you just going for that *** and the Curious look?

Thank you assshat! Never saw the *** and the Curious...A **** you starred in??? Here's a tip: You don't really have to do *** **** for two years, to graduate to straight ****, somebody was messing with you...Can't believe you fell for that!!! Only in LA!

BACK ON TOPIC: Two bottles are better than one!

79DSC00193-med.jpg

OP
OP
S

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

snake bitten, how did you know he was in *** ****?

From the obvious *** **** title he posted...and you're not helping...Shouldn't you be hitting the streets to round up that $500 for the BigCarrot race???

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

see my post above:

can i borrow the cash? i am a little short, [******] stoptechs :)

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

actually i got 500 bucks for them, i couldnt pass that up :thumb:

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you upgrade the intank pump? A 255LPH from the summit catalog (get the one for a late 80's 5.0 mustang) is a cheap and easy safety upgrade on the fuel system. Fits and works just fine.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ahaha, no i got 99 rear calipers for trade, brand new ones at 500 bucks for the set.....

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

G,Butch the Snake's yellow 01GTS ran back to back 10:42's at out VCA event.He's dyno'd 615+ range with 750+TQ.My basic system:NOS solinoids,Stainless Fogger nozzles,stainless lines,TOOFAST NOS bracket.
The twin 10lbers is the killer set up.Most consistant pressure throughout the 1/4.You'll be turning low 10's for sure.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a couple of convenience problems with my NX system. Performance is great, but I wish I had a guage in my car so I could monitor pressure. Also, I wish I had some kind of indicator to know if the bottle is open without having to stop and listen for the bottle opener to work. I know I could hit the purge.....but I don't want to over push the opener.
Dual bottles sounds nice but I would like to maintain some trunk space for a candy bar. I guess I'll leave it all the way it is, cause the 150 shot performance is great.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So said Russ M

Or are you just going for that *** and the Curious look?

Thank you assshat! Never saw the *** and the Curious...A **** you starred in??? Here's a tip: You don't really have to do *** **** for two years, to graduate to straight ****, somebody was messing with you...Can't believe you fell for that!!! Only in LA!

BACK ON TOPIC: Two bottles are better than one!

79DSC00193-med.jpg

Very nice!! Looks great - everyone know 2 is always better than one. :cool:

OP
OP
S

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew...You need the electric gauge, I put the transducer right in front of the N20 solenoid, so I know the psi there, bottle pressure is only slightly higher...Check it out...About $250, but worth every penny...very easy to tell if the bottles are open or closed with this gauge, and the purge...

VIPERMED's GAUGE POD's RULE!

I can still get 24 beer, a helmet, a camcorder, and all the Zaino I need in the trunk...You can "hear" two bottle openers better than one!!!

You must be registered for see images

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Roughly what should a \"creampuff\" dyno at on a 150 shot???

Snake Bitten

We just recently dynoed last week with some more tuning and dynoed at 630 rwhp with 780 rwtq. We are planning to raise our H.P. & T.Q. and lower our e.t. with a little more tuning.

With the 150 shot we will try to max the cars potential.

Butch
Schaumburg Motorsports Racing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness