RT/10 foot well sub box measurements?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked this a long time ago but didnt get any solid answers, so here goes....

Who all has a footwell sub box in their Rt/10? :confused:
What size sub/brand are you running? :confused:
WHAT ARE THE MEASUREMENTS OF YOUR BOX? :confused:
Where did you get it built? Contact info perhaps?
What did it cost you?
POST SOME PICS PLEASE :) :2tu:
Thanks in advance fellas, your all awesome :headbang:

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a fiberglass encloser with a 10"L7. it is molded to the exact shape of the footwell. that's what i would recommend to utilize the least amount of space. i am upgrading to a better sound quality sub instead of the the sound loudness i currently have.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry car is still at svs getting my build complete. any good stereo shop should be able to make you a custom fiberglass encloser for a couple hundred bucks.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still haven't had my box built-probably going to build it myself. If you still haven't received the dimensions by then, I will let you know

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't had my box built-probably going to build it myself. If you still haven't received the dimensions by then, I will let you know
Having a hard time getting the dimensions :( how much foot room do you lose? Anyone remember the thread for that center sub molding? It faced the sub back towards the trunk and you couldnt even see it?

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok i'm an idiot, i asked this along time and it was answered lol, but i dont know if an 8 or 10" sub will fit because he has a 6" in there now. Heres the thread link if anyone else is intrested lol
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=639471&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=
Hmm, it would depend on what sub you got and the reuirments for airspace. However, I don;t see why you couldn;t just extend the box a little bit to get the extra room.

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did the footwell sub thing. have a box made (mdf, not fibeglass just for cost reasons)..
i used a 8" diamond audio dual voice coil sub. only needs like .8 cu ft. (or something close to that) of space.. so. that's what i went with. Powered it with a alpine 500w x 1 amp. Also did the alpine type X speakers in the front and the alpine type X mid-bass between the seats. I think the amp to power those is a 150x4.. also an Alpine. if you need model numbers.. let me know. the best thing though, was using a Alpine head unit that controls my Ipod.. very cool and now no need for a CD changer..
Sounds pretty damn good IMHO, the bass is tight.. and there is plenty of it even at freeway speeds with the top off.. might help that i have the Vmania widnows.
let me know if you want some pics, i can take them an send them tomorrow. Bill.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10" sub fits no problem. it also will give you some monster bass with the right sub and amp.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Backdoc7 ~ PM sent. I'd love to see some pics.

Viper TT/10 ~ A 10" would fit in that size box? Or i'd have to extend it a bit?

I'm trying to keep as much leg room as possible yet have some seriously nice sounding bass coming out of my RT/10.
Anyone have any suggestions on which is better a 8" or a 10" and what brand sould i get?

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in most cases it is best to have to sub fire torwards the opposit direction, yet from what i have found, for the rt/10 the viper does the best when fired straight torwards the seat. side note make sure to use a good grill cover to prevent damage.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i found a guy who makes a sub box for around 200 bucks and it fires towards the footwell, said it sounds awesome and hits hard using a 8W3 Jl sub. Its made with wood and fiberglass. If anyone is intrested, let me know. I'm getting one built now and shipped to me. the sub is around 145$
he made it for a guy on the alley who i've been talkin to. Anyone intrested, shoot me a PM and i can give you his info :)

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i found a guy who makes a sub box for around 200 bucks and it fires towards the footwell, said it sounds awesome and hits hard using a 8W3 Jl sub. Its made with wood and fiberglass. If anyone is intrested, let me know. I'm getting one built now and shipped to me. the sub is around 145$
he made it for a guy on the alley who i've been talkin to. Anyone intrested, shoot me a PM and i can give you his info :)
Awesome! When it comes in, let us know how it looks. If it looks good, then I will have to pick one up-you can be the g-pig :D

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jucd, shoot me pics and let me know how that box fits. I need some more tunes in my RT10 as well.

--wes

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456