RT/10 rear bumper finish

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my car for a couple months now and wondered why my rear bumper did not have a black strip between the raised bumper and the exhaust tips like a lot of other ones here. I assumed my rear bumper had been painted, perhaps. Well, cruising eBay, I just saw a similar Viper 2 VIN numbers away from mine and it is the same thing. The rear bumper is painted solid yellow with no black strip in the indented section. Is this normal? Is it only certain years or colours that has this or have both bumpers been painted? Is the black strip similar to a strip of black electrical tape? Seems so :)

It looks like this:

9722703232-29sm-med.jpg

Any insight is much appreciated.
Santo

OP
OP
S

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, I noticed that on your car in particular Baz. That's what got me wondering. Maybe it's a 2001 thing? I'm not sure all-yellow is a bad thing. It actually looks pretty good. If the badging (raised Viper lettering on the outside)was black, it certainly would look better black but now I'm not so sure.

Santo

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely your bumper has been repainted. Mine has the black paint on the inserts.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most likely your bumper has been repainted. Mine has the black paint on the inserts.
Considering the variences present in other model years', I wouldn't be so sure.

Mine's painted black, but my whole car is black. :cool:

OP
OP
S

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Since there wasn't much response, I assume everyone has the blackened strip on their RT/10 rear bumper. Is this something that can be purchased?

FYI, my VIN ends in 3230.

Santo

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your bumper has been repainted. They all came with the Black Stripe. Most often dealers have bumpers resprayed by mobil paint vendors that do spot repair work. They are cheap fixes to scratches or small imperfections in lot cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32