rt/10 rear speaker removal

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a 2000 rt and I want to replace the speakers. The door speakers pop right out, just unscrew the three screws holding the grill on and then you can replace them.

How about the one center speaker between the seats is it basically the samething, pry the grill off and remove the screws and replace the speaker???

Or do you need to remove the whole back panel etc

Thanks-also what speakers do you reconmend

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a Gen I, you have to remove the entire back panel... not sure about a Gen II...

Popular choice for that spot is a 6.5" JBL woofer.

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DanAuito is right. The center one just pops right out. It does look like some cuttin would need to be done to replace that sub with anything of decent size. I'm still trying to decide which sub to put in there. I put Diamond speakers in the doors with a Kenwood deck and the new 600 watt Alpine digital amp. It fits right in the same spot as the stock amp and it rocks! :headbang:

The guys at the stereo place recommended 10" subs in the trunk in special enclosures, but I don't know that I want to loose that much space.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DanAuito is right. The center one just pops right out. It does look like some cuttin would need to be done to replace that sub with anything of decent size. I'm still trying to decide which sub to put in there. I put Diamond speakers in the doors with a Kenwood deck and the new 600 watt Alpine digital amp. It fits right in the same spot as the stock amp and it rocks! :headbang:

The guys at the stereo place recommended 10" subs in the trunk in special enclosures, but I don't know that I want to loose that much space.
Its a proven fact that you won't get barely any sound/bass from the trunk of an RT/10. So whoever recommended that obvisouly dosent know anything about a Viper. The only way to get good bass out of an RT/10 is to get a footwell sub box made and run something like an 8W3 jl audio sub.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4126DSC00124-med.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4