RT/10 Rear Window Seal - Silicone, Conditioner, etc?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on what to put on the rear window seal to help prevent further deterioration / cracking?

Mine is just beginning to show signs of aging and I'd like to at least stop, or maybe find something that will rejuvenate the seal.

After some searching, I found "Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Conditioner" on Amazon.com (can't find it in a local store), but am not sure it will really work.

Hoping someone had some advice on what might work best! Thanks!!!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this, as well. I replaced the window on my previous viper under warranty because the seal cracked. Alas, the warranty has run out on my current Viper, so it be nice to not have to replace the window for megabucks, or have to try to find a source for the tubber seal.

gen2rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to sound strange, but - as a fomer Corvette owner, I'd heard that silicone grease from the GM dealer applied to weatherstrip helped to preserve it. I've had the same tube for about 8 years. It was expensive, but can be applied sparingly and I've had good luck with it. It's part # 12345579, Goodwrench Dielectric Silicone Grease. It won't repair weatherstrip that's already cracked, but should keep it from getting worse.

Jack