Rt guys !! Bikini top !

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a great idea that has been tried numerous times before. Unfortunately past attempts never came to fruition,but I can attest that there is a definite pent up demand for this product. Best of luck and hopefully it will happen this time.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on a side note...

I am also working on a new top. While the bikini top is more of an emergency "keep me from getting wet" top (excellent for those quick southern showers!), I am working on a full replacement top...top capable of long term use and sustained speeds of over 100mph

Little info about my current top progress:

-Fully self-contained. No bolts, no screws, no hassle.

-A CAD designed aluminum structure for light weight and ease of storage

-Uses OEM mounting points

-Top fabric available in 7 colors. Exact fabric of the OEM top

-Collapsible design will take up 1/2 as much space as the current top when folded in the trunk

-Increased overhang and weatherstripping to give maximum protection from the elements

-Sleeker design, without sacrificing head room

Due to my current work load, progress on the top has slowed. But rest assured, the top WILL be produced. I also have several products that are being developed.... but more on that later
smile.gif

James

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James, get your butt in gear and give is a pic of a prototype or something to keep us going!!!

Tomer

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested in both the tops, but I don't want any drilling.

James, i still want to see some pics and hear some prices for yours. Thanks, Paul.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK now I understand <FONT size="1">I think</FONT s> (I'm slow
banghead.gif
). There's another thread here too.
dunno.gif

We are now talking about 2 DRIVING tops. MM's is actually a factory soft top replacement (w/ better fit and stowage) and John's is a typical bikini top (like my jeep CJ used to have..you get wet but can get home without a pool in your footwells and manties). If these can be used WHILE DRIVING, I'm interested too! In both!

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want one !! PLEASE keep us posted or EMAIL me when its avalible. I hate the soft top, its a pain in the xss.