Rubber marks on the side covers.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime my son drives my car i get these black marks on the side exhaust covers. What in the heck can i use to remove these marks they are driving me nuts!!!!!! Is there a wax that won't burn off that you can use to prevent shoe marks?

thanks
Max

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell your son to be more careful or he can't drive the car.

Easy solution. What's he driving in anyway? boots?

You could probably use the 3M protectant film that people use on the front of the car.

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. My son doesn't wear boots but he wears dress shoes.
I was hoping to find a wax that resists heat so it would stop the marks so i don't have to clean them all the time. They do clean off easy I may try some of the bug and tar cleaner but i think it takes off wax so i never tried it. Do you know if 3m will resist the heat on the side covers and has anybody ever tried it?

Thank you again
Max

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the exact same problem.....tell him to clean them off himself, check the car when it returns and hand him the wax.....I was always taught when you borrow something, return it as it was.....after making my son clean the dirty Viper/Prowler etc a few times, he found it wasn't so much fun to drive it so often....once, he stood and waited for me to finish cleaning it, then took it for a long day out and left it covered with bugs and dirt for me the next day....thats when the waxing detail first came into play.....also I have control of the keys....no real answer till they leave home...mine is 25 and still "LIVIN FREE".....

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, now that we got this problem solved, how do you get high heel marks off the headliner above the passenger seat. I'll be damned if I know how they got there.

S

SUN RA KAT

The way to avoid rubber marks on the side covers is to wear shoes that have soles with a higher melting point. I have a pair of very comfortable marching band shoes (MTX), but their soles have a low melting point and if they touch my side sills they leave rubber. All my other shoes (New Balence) can touch the side sills and not melt and leave rubber.

The esiest way to remove the melted rubber is to gently scrape it off with a credit card and then pull the rubber off of the credit card and roll it up into a little ball. The biggest ball of rubber I've gotten was 1/4" in diameter. It was also the first ball of rubber that I'd left on my side sills. I wear my other shoes now and don't leave any rubber to make balls out of. :D

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the black marks on the pavement whenever I accelerate.. :laugh:

Gerald

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's my son and not a women. The thought of him taking his clothes off before he drives makes me nauseous. I told him he can put black skid marks on his underwear but NOT ON MY CAR! I may try the WD40 sounds like a good idea. I'll try not to get it all over the paint and wipe it off.

thanks for the ideas
Max

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson