Rusty fasteners replaced by stainless

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purely a cosmetic thing, but most of the really noticeable ones can be replaced by stainless steel, including the torx pan and countersunk head screws around the doors. I've done most of the visible ones and could make up a list of the sizes and types required for say a door kit or an underhood kit. I obtained mine from Inox in the uk and the only thing I couldn't source were the spire screws used for some of the trim, eg - side panels just behind hood. Anyone know if these can be obtained in stainless perhaps in the States. Also wouldn't recommend stainless for suspension or any heavy applications(just in case!). Of course this is probably only of interest to us poor wet climate dwellers

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill
Inox site is www.inoxgrp.co.uk . They gave me a next day service in the uk and had everything I needed in stock. A bunch of the bolts, washers etc isn't very heavy so I suppose it would be feasible to order from the states. There is also some interesting info on stainless on their site

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the increase in corrosion due to electrolysis (sp). Through dissimiliar metals? there are "zinks" on my boat for this reason. Use of anti-sieze help this? or am I over thinking this?