??????'s on lowering Gen 1

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
??????\'s on lowering Gen 1

What is a easy way to lower a Gen 1? I was thinking about the Eibachs, but if I am right they will not work for my 96 RT10.
Thanks

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Re: ??????\'s on lowering Gen 1

I'm sure others will chime in - but you may actually be very lucky in that the 96Rt/10 has the Gen 2 suspension - so you should be able to use the readily available eibachs for the Gen 2.

Unlike us true Gen 1 guys as the Eibachs for Gen 1 are not manufactured any more and there are many of us searching for them.

So - if anybody reads this and has a set of Eibachs for the Gen 1 - Please contact me as I am interested!

Good luck.

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe in the last similar post about this topic someone said eibach would require about 100 orders to start making them again!

Do you think there could be enough intrest generated, is it possible. I know i would love a set also. Are there any vendors out there that would purchase a bunch of sets? Maybe a "group buy" post even.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe in the last similar post about this topic someone said eibach would require about 100 orders to start making them again!

Do you think there could be enough intrest generated, is it possible. I know i would love a set also. Are there any vendors out there that would purchase a bunch of sets? Maybe a "group buy" post even.

Yes i called and they said they would need an order of around 100 to to make them again.

You would think a vendor like partsrack would order them. They would eventually sell over the next few years, especially since the "younger" crowd like me is getting into the gen1's now that they are affoardable. We like big wheels and lowering cars!

randy lindberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed. I would definitely be interested. If we could get a list of actual buyers maybe a vendor would be interested in 100 if they knew a good percentage of them would definitely be sold (I'd evern put down a deposit to get 'em)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

someone said eibach would require about 100 orders to start making them again!............
Yes i called and they said they would need an order of around 100 to to make them again.You would think a vendor like partsrack would order them. They would eventually sell over the next few years...

I definitly looked into it. In fact, we bought out all the Gen 1 years ago...and G-2 were discontinued for a while and we bought all those too.Please consider the following:

Invest $24,000 up front for 100 sets, plus shipping, another $1000. That would be ~~5 year supply. % Interest lost on the money over 5 years would be about $9000..... Storage overhead another $1000..... Inventory tax after year 1 about $4000..... These sell so cheaply, the profit margin is only about 15% til people start complaining that they can find a set on ebay for $5 less........."GROUP BUY" efforts might yield 10-15 sets, but that would simply erase year-one demand! In effect, Id be pre-selling 12-15 months. Id do better to put $24000 in a money market........

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

someone said eibach would require about 100 orders to start making them again!............
Yes i called and they said they would need an order of around 100 to to make them again.You would think a vendor like partsrack would order them. They would eventually sell over the next few years...

I definitly looked into it. In fact, we bought out all the Gen 1 years ago...and G-2 were discontinued for a while and we bought all those too.Please consider the following:

Invest $24,000 up front for 100 sets, plus shipping, another $1000. That would be ~~5 year supply. % Interest lost on the money over 5 years would be about $9000..... Storage overhead another $1000..... Inventory tax after year 1 about $4000..... These sell so cheaply, the profit margin is only about 15% til people start complaining that they can find a set on ebay for $5 less........."GROUP BUY" efforts might yield 10-15 sets, but that would simply erase year-one demand! In effect, Id be pre-selling 12-15 months. Id do better to put $24000 in a money market........

well considering they are discontinued, the only other option we have to lower a Gen1 is spending $1000-1200 on some aldas or something.

Buy the eibachs and sell em for $400 or more to increase your profit margin. You would be the only one in town with them, and if people dont want to spend a grand on aldans, they will come to you for the eibachs at your price.