SALE on SRT-10 Swing Arm Oil Pans!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a version for the SRT-10 trucks?

Hi Kevan,

There is not a Ram-SRT-10 specific version, no.

Honestly, I have never even looked under the SRT-10 rams with the intention of seeing if the pan would fit that application. I would suspect the front suspension is going to pose a problem, but if you can shoot me a picture of an SRT-10 Ram from the bottom in the front, I can give you a better idea. As far as fitting the engine itself, that would be no problem.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan- you're correct.
The differences in suspensions (and basic engine mounting and a few other things) forced a different oil pan design for the SRT-10 trucks.

I'm one of the (4) SRT-10 truck owners that enjoys turning the steering wheel (and have the rub marks on my rear wheel well liners to prove it. LOL), so knowing that I'm getting oil *all the time* would be a nice thing.

The pickup tube for the trucks is centered and rearward, so it's not a major concern, but.....

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan- you're correct.
The differences in suspensions (and basic engine mounting and a few other things) forced a different oil pan design for the SRT-10 trucks.

I'm one of the (4) SRT-10 truck owners that enjoys turning the steering wheel (and have the rub marks on my rear wheel well liners to prove it. LOL), so knowing that I'm getting oil *all the time* would be a nice thing.

The pickup tube for the trucks is centered and rearward, so it's not a major concern, but.....

Hi Kevan,

Yeah, thats what I figured.

Kind of an off the wall idea, but if you or someone you know happens to have an old SRT-10 Ram pan, even if its toast, I may be able to adapt the inner workings over to the other pan design. Just to throw it out there...

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is this to install? It looks fairly simple...

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kevan,

Yeah, thats what I figured.

Kind of an off the wall idea, but if you or someone you know happens to have an old SRT-10 Ram pan, even if its toast, I may be able to adapt the inner workings over to the other pan design. Just to throw it out there...
Thanks Dan.
I'll keep an eye out for a lonely pan. :)

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just installed this on my car two weeks ago. One man job, front of car on ramps. Just make sure you have a torque wrench that measures in inch-pounds...

The hardest part was pulling out the dip-stick tube. FYI, the new pan/pick-up is about 4 lbs heavier than stock.

Ron

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

As answered above, its a 1-man job, takes about 2 hours for a novice- install it during an oil change. You just need an inch-pound torque wrench, socket set, and ramps or jack/jack-stands.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just installed this on my car two weeks ago. One man job, front of car on ramps. Just make sure you have a torque wrench that measures in inch-pounds...

The hardest part was pulling out the dip-stick tube. FYI, the new pan/pick-up is about 4 lbs heavier than stock.

Ron

Hi Ron,

If you twist the dipstick tube back and forth, it usually breaks the sealer quickly. I have only seen one that remained stubborn after that- but it lost the war in about 5 minutes as well.

I actually never measure the weight. Though, I would prefer to have 4 pounds of oil pickup added to my pan than 4-pounds of pistons, rods and bearings any day, haha.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As answered above, its a 1-man job, takes about 2 hours for a novice- install it during an oil change. You just need an inch-pound torque wrench, socket set, and ramps or jack/jack-stands.
It's just a TINY bit different on the trucks:
- Remove crossmember
- Remove engine mounts
- Remove transmission
- Lift engine

:D

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1 down, 2 more left. I can get these out the door up until next Friday before we shut down for VOIX!

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitted mine at the last oil change, I was nervous about the main bearing bolt but that was a piece of cake, friend of mine popped over he builds race Lotus cars and he was very impressed described it as one of the best kits he had seen.

I love the extra security it gives me on the track.

Pitty the sump isn't see through its such a work of art.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These 3 have sold.

2 more in stock as of today, 1 of which looks to be spoken for already. Price is back to normal.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That price is looooooooooooooooong gone. There has been MAJOR changes in part pricing and availability fo the core components since this thread went up a year and a half ago. There is not much I can do about the pricing anymore, but I can certainly still make them for you.