Sapphire ACR on AutoTrader anybody know this car?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car has been on autotrader for a while now. When I was looking over a year ago for a GEN II. I stayed away due to the price at the time (which was near $60k or over) and the fact that it would have needed new tires and fluids changed.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to the owner and something sounded fishy. He was saying I will see that it did not pass inspection and it is because the car isn't driven much and needs to be driven more than 100 miles for the computer to reset. If anybody want to run a carfax I have the vin. :dunno:

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is...

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see it down to about where I was offering last year. At the time, it would not go below a 60 firm.

Got a friend on the force? Have them run an oasis report. It's basically a Carfax, but also lists any time it was towed or impounded and the reason. So if a car overheated and had to be towed, it would say so.

I don't know if there is a story. I think the initial comment was made based on it being so low miles and clean that the price seemed quite low. Have a local owner or Viper mechanic check the car if you get serious.

Good luck!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing that car almost 2 years ago for sale in the $60k range just before I bought mine/SapphireBob's ACR. Coincidently, I had try to buy that exact same car from a dealer in Kalamazoo MI way back in 2003 or 2004 when they had it still collecting dust on their showroom floor. They wouldn't come down off the sticker so I passed. Small world, these Viper's make!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's possible that the seller is telling the truth about it not passing inspection and having to be driven to pass. I've run into that a couple of times now with my GTS after I let the battery drain way down. When the smog test guys start pulling codes, they'll get a failure code because the PCM needs to be reset. I had to drive my car for about 40 or 50 miles at nearly constant highway speed to get the PCM to get back to normal and then the car passed with flying colors. So, in this case - plausible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960