Sapphire RT - adding stripes

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car goes in today to repaint the front end and fix some little scratches around the car. After it is painted, texas_venom is going to do his clear-bra magic on it. However, I have been thinking about going with stripes for a while and figured that those need to get done before the clear bra goes on.

With that said, what do y'all think about black stripes on a sapphire car? I have black forgelines, and want something a little different (i.e. no silver please). Any other color I should think about?

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is the only picture that I have of the newer wheels-a crappy iPhone pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you are looking for. I think it would look really cool. The black you were thinking about whould be good as well but I think if you are gonna have stripes why not be able to see them. :)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think black or white would look good.

Go with the stock silver/grey stipes :2tu:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMHO, white would be too much on the dark color, and black would be too subtle...I say if anything a lighter hue of the sapphire would look cool. Almost ghosted, but slightly more prominent. It's a tough color to mix and match.

However, with black n' blue you can make jokes about assault...and who doesn't love a good ol' zinger about that!?

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I liked black because it was subtle (kind of like the flat black on a black car). With that said, does anybody have any photoshop skills that they could play with?

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm affraid silver or sapphire ghost stripes are your only choices that would give you the look you're wanting.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you don't want silver, but I think it would be the best combo. Hell, how many saph. RT10 with silver stripes do you see.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not enough contrast w/ black stripes. What about a carbon fiber stripe?

V

Venomiss

Here's a horse of a different color.

What about light champagne colored stripes? :eater::eater:
Or black ghost stripes?

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Graphite! No real question about it. Btw I am having Sun Tint do a Clear Bra on mine as well. Who are these other people you speak of?

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Graphite! No real question about it. Btw I am having Sun Tint do a Clear Bra on mine as well. Who are these other people you speak of?

I would be careful with Sun-Tint-they are the ones that messed up my Vette. texas_venom is a member here- Home He is coming down the week before the round-up if you want to wait and get it done by him. I will have Ryan send out an e-mail.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great teh way it is!!!! You are just getting "the itch" ;) It will pass. Get a Paxton...that will help :)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks great teh way it is!!!! You are just getting "the itch" ;) It will pass. Get a Paxton...that will help :)

I have some ointment that will clear that itch up....OOHHHHHH....THAT kinda itch. Oops. Stupid Spring Break '03.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be careful with Sun-Tint-they are the ones that messed up my Vette. texas_venom is a member here- Home He is coming down the week before the round-up if you want to wait and get it done by him. I will have Ryan send out an e-mail.

Grayson

Ignore that part of my PM, questions answered and Ill be in for some Clear Bra as well.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With that said, what do y'all think about black stripes on a sapphire car? I have black forgelines, and want something a little different (i.e. no silver please). Any other color I should think about?

Keep in mind that any changes will lower the value of the car. If you're going to do stripes at least get vinyl ones that can be removed for a future owner who may want a factory stock Viper.

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep in mind that any changes will lower the value of the car. If you're going to do stripes at least get vinyl ones that can be removed for a future owner who may want a factory stock Viper.
In that case-I'm screwed (fully built motor, tranny, roll bar, etc). :rolaugh: In all reality though, I am going to do my darn hardest not sell it (I don't like to say never because you never know!). It's paid off and there is room in the garage, so it's not going anywhere soon.

With that said, if I were to do stripes, they would be vinyl-I don't want to go through the hassle of paint to find out that I don't like it. However, at this point, I think that I am going to hold off on stripes-nothing absolutley grabes me. Plus, Got One has a point-i'm just antsy and want to do something because I don't have it!

OP
OP
H

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I prefer stripes on a GTS, JMHO.

Beautiful Viper btw!
Thanks-you too! Here's a better picture of it because the original is just horrible.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wasn't yours for sale a while ago? I think that I was looking at it thinking it would be nice to have a matching GTS ala SapphireBob. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it again-you can never have enough vipers!

Last edited:

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh, you mean the value of my Viper can get lower? At this point I am worried I may someday have to pay someone to take it. :omg: