Satisfaction level with your SRT 10

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 completely unsatisfied and 5 completely delighted) how do you rate your ownership experience with the SRT 10?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anthony, so when are you picking the red Beast up anyway?
Owning a Viper is a wild ride you'll not soon forget...

:) :laugh: :D :laugh: :)

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say a 5, but my car is with Doug at DLM. Sent the car with 411 miles. I'm sure it will increase in the fun department with close to 1000hp. I can't wait to get it back.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have to say a 6 as well. Though, by the time I bring my car out for summer, it should be a solid 7,926 on a scale of 1 to 5 :)

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very happy wife included - she loves to drive it too!

Definitely 5++

J

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A 10 out of 1 to 5. I have never given any of my cars a 5 out of 5 yet, and I've had quite a number of cars including a corvette and an nsx. I give this one a 10. My wife even says that this is the best car I have ever bought in the 20 years that we have been together! Yes, that's how happy I am of the car.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.....lot of high numbers.

Put me down for a 3.
The engine breaks, the rear breaks, the seats ****, the top leaks wind/noise, spins like it's on ice, the doors squeak. Sorry, but I don't expect these problems when I buy a Neon, much less a car that cost this much. And yes, it should have had cruise control.

Just last night I was complaining to the wife about the seats and aggravating her that I could probably trade them for gen2 seats. I was also telling her how impressed I was at the build specs of the upcoming Zo6.....hmmm....to bad it's not a convertible. Well, the wife likes it and it's her car.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1TONY1- You are the first person I have seen complain about the top making noise and leaking, and the doors sqeaking...?

I'll give you the rear end and the slippery tires... but the seats are amazing IMHO, and what about the engine? the Oil Pan is the only problem I see short of recalls?

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to give my 2003 a 5+!!

Other than an occasional flickering headlight problem, it has been trouble free.
Much better than my '97 GTS and about on par with my '02 GTS.

Come to think of it, the '03 leaks less water during a carwash than either of the GTSs did. Both of them leaked at the top center of the windshield.

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, are you referring to an SRT 10 or a Gen I or II Viper? Just curious. I am thinking 05 RED SRT 10 in March.

SNAKEPILOT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A solid 5. I have had no issues, the car has been perfect, and has met or exceeded my expectations.

Tony, maybe you should have bought your SRT from a reputable dealer. :laugh:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1- You are the first person I have seen complain about the top making noise and leaking, and the doors sqeaking...?

I'll give you the rear end and the slippery tires... but the seats are amazing IMHO, and what about the engine? the Oil Pan is the only problem I see short of recalls?

The noise I speak of is wind noise/leaking air. Coming from the passenger side.....I believe in the front. I have also looked at a brand new on showroom car and when you can see daylight between the windshield post and seal.....I see why there is wind noise. Not to bad in the drivers seat......very annoying in the passenger seat. Engine = balancer coming off and stranding the wife in a rain storm. Any manufacturer should be shot for not keying a crank...GM included. Does it cost more to do a counter clockwise bolt, probably not.....especially after the cost of repairs and rebuilt engines. The seats....to narrow....and I'm not a big guy. Will they hold you on a road course, sure, but I don't get to put many miles in on a course. Why have the side bolsters come out five inches when all five inches are not used AND it gets in the way of the shifting elbow ?

I just posted my satisfaction and since I was the only bad one, I thought I should clarify my reasons. I don't think this thread is for bashing and I don't want to bash. I can always sell it and take the $20,000 hit ;)

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, why would a counterclockwise bolt help?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From a Dealership standpoint, it is a solid 5, as we have had a dramatic reduction in customer issues, build quality, paint quality, and warranty claims. Despite the fact that we all comment on every little thing we find out about our Snakes ( only normal with such a closeknit community ), the actual number of cars , compared to the past, that have issues is way , way down.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big 5! No problems at all. Much better than my Gen 2 RT/10!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Five. My only real complaint about my Viper is that I had to replace the oil pan and put in a real roll bar before I could take it to the track. I think that Dodge should have manufactured the car with a decent oil pan and a real roll bar.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude