SCAM WARNING!!!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please be aware that this auction is a complete scam and if you or anyone you know is bidding on this item to pull out immediatly. The VIN in the ad is not for my car but the written ad and the pics are of my car. The info and pics were taken from my auction last year when I sold my 06 on ebay. So please spread the word so someone doesnt loose a bunch of money on this one. Wayne
Ive already sent two emails to ebay but the way that outfit is becoming they probably wont pull the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...3809365?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35b9671d55

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How can people get away with this $hit, just curious did you send a message to the scumbag runining the ad?

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. I told him he was a scumbag scammer and I reported him to ebay. It really ****** me off to no end. Years ago when I was only 22 I sent $10k for a BMW m3 and never got my car or my money back so this crap really hits home with me.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Report to eBay they will take the add down and get rid of the person from selling for good

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing this is a true scam, there must be a way to reverse this scam on this ****. Tell him you will pay in cash and in person, see what happens....Tell him you will make arrangments to see and get the car at a later date, but you really want the car and are willing to buy it, sight un-seen so you don't lose it. Have the police waiting to grab him or some "very close friends" and make him disapear........just a thought....:D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a pretty good idea to catch him but now it's probably a lost opportunity because ebay removed the listing.
It would be nice if ebay worked something out with the police on situations like this.

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you tried to meet him in person, he would just come up with an excuse. He is waiting for someone to just send him any amount of cash to hold it, then never show up at the meeting. He is probably in another country anyway. It would be great to catch him with a bunch of friends, but the law probably won't do anything to him, unfortunately.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have the police waiting to grab him or some "very close friends" and make him disapear........just a thought....:D

Yeah, and make sure those close friends are bulletproof. Just let Ebay handle it or the local authorities at best. In this day and age, you just don't know who you may be dealing with......

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill tell you that Cars.com has the absolute worst scams on it.At least 4-5 per day.They allow people that lift ads from ebay and autotrader and you can see gen 4s in the 40s over there that ive seen in the 60s on the other sites.Use same pix etc.Ive screwed with a few of them....just like the Nigerian princes...pos!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is getting really common I guess. I had it happen to me on a car I was selling on autotrader, it showed up with my pics & similar info on both cars & ebay. Then a car I bought off a guy on cars.com I found listed for sale again with bogus info on ebay & trader. Just crazy. And people talk about craig's list, I think all of them are sketchy, but I use them all, just gotta be soooooo careful.

bmw2nv - sorry you got bit before, man that sux big time, hopefully karma will kick in on that scumbag.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad they took it down. I wish that ebay would join with law enforcement to rid us of these losers but like others said its someone whos not even in the US most the time so good luck getting the ********.
If youve never been taken on one these deals there are no words to describe how horrible it feels. Bet I never get taken again, hard leasons learned. Thanks DMan.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing this is a true scam, there must be a way to reverse this scam on this ****. Tell him you will pay in cash and in person, see what happens....Tell him you will make arrangments to see and get the car at a later date, but you really want the car and are willing to buy it, sight un-seen so you don't lose it. Have the police waiting to grab him or some "very close friends" and make him disapear........just a thought....:D

I tried this :) I actually do it quite often. They will never meet you anywhere they just want a check mailed. I have actually talked to a few on the phone even. I told them get a job, stop ripping people off etc. They will give you some BS story they have kids, and need food etc. I reply with you have access to the internet and phone but no food????? People are crazy. One day I will get my hands on one of them and ring their damn neck!!!

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad they took it down. I wish that ebay would join with law enforcement to rid us of these losers but like others said its someone whos not even in the US most the time so good luck getting the ********.
If youve never been taken on one these deals there are no words to describe how horrible it feels. Bet I never get taken again, hard leasons learned. Thanks DMan.

I'm just curious, how did you get taken for that much money? Just seems like there would have been red flags right? I'm thinking the scam must have been a lot better than the ones I've seen so i'm curious to know so me and everyone else knows what to look out for. If it is too private don't worry about it.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seem unlikely that anyone in this day and age with all of the "outlets" of information (TV, internet, email, etc.) would still get scammed but they do. The old Ebay scam even showed up on a couple of TV judge shows where the seller sends the buyer a check in excess of the sale amount and the buyer is then supposed to send the seller back the difference. Seller's check is phoney, the buyer's check is legitmate, the scamming seller walks away with the difference, and there was actually no car being sold to begin with. The scammed buyer is then sued by the relative or friend that loaned him/her the money. Even contractors who ask for money up front as a deposit or to purchase materials then never show up to do the actual work. How this continues to happen to folks is beyond me.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just curious, how did you get taken for that much money? Just seems like there would have been red flags right? I'm thinking the scam must have been a lot better than the ones I've seen so i'm curious to know so me and everyone else knows what to look out for. If it is too private don't worry about it.

One way not to fall victim is a Buyer/Selller Escrow agreement. Buyer and seller agree to allow a third party company to hold the funds and title until both items are transferred.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold one of my cars on ebay awhile back & I will NEVER sell anything on ebay again. It seems like 9 out every 10 were SCAMMERS. I'm not a computer guru, but after awhile it gets pretty easy to distinguish between the real bidders & the scammers. I also think they ought to shoot them on site when or if they catch them (which is very rare), but there's definitely ALOT of them! You can tell the majority of them by their spelling (their english is usually horrible) & very seldom will they talk to you on the phone & never will they meet you somewhere. jmo

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Easy it was 11 years ago when internet scams just got started good and no one I knew had ever even heard of these internet scams yet. It was very legit at the time. Now I can spot a scam from 10 miles away.

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay is a great way to get lots of exposure for the items you are selling as is Craigslist, but I find CL to be worse. I sold my 61' Devin Roadster on ebay last Nov. and I have sold well over 200 surfboards on ebay but It was my first time selling a car. I had a couple shaddy messages and those were obvious. One guy said he was on an Oil rig out in the ocean and had little access to a computer or phone...first flag. Then he said he wanted to buy the "ITEM" for his son's birthday, yeah right. The guy that bought the car called me, we talked for two hours on the phone, he asked lots of questions and also requested more pics of the restoration. So he was comfortable enough to know I was for real and it was no scam. After I sold the car and shipped it to Hawaii, I bought my Viper off ebay while in the Bahamas from a cruise ship, but I got it from a dealership in Henderson NV. I got the salesmans name and instead of calling him through his private line that he gave me, I called the dealership and had them connect me with him. This way I knew he was actually with the dealership. So you can have a good experience on ebay, just becareful and think like everyone's out to rip you off, this way you will not be fooled....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang