SCCA T1 Runoffs Viper almost gets it done...

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gang,

sorry I forgot to let you all know the first time this was broadcast on SPEED right after Thanksgiving but the SCCA T1 Runoffs will be re-broadcast this Tuesday December 6 at 1am PDST on SPEED

Some of you might get a kick out of it since we almost got it done...

We started some great work with the SRT10 Viper in T1 this year and for the first time in 5 years someone other than John Heinricy led some laps, and those laps were led by a Viper!

Anyway, ya might wanna fire up the Tivo, the announcers do spend a fair amount of time saying good stuff about the Viper :2tu:

For those of you who don't know the story on T1 here is a brief history

Runoffs = SportsCarClub of America premiere championship event requiring an invitation to compete in through earning points earned in your respective division during the regular season. The "Runoffs" are touted by by most motorsports reporters and magazines as the "Olympics of Ametauer Motorsports" and just like the Olympics these days Pros are not excluded from running... :2tu:

SCCA T1 = Showrom stock cars with safety modifications competing on natural terrain road courses in 45 minute sprint races equalized with weight and single inlet restrictors

The class began in 1998 and was won by a Viper in 98, Vette in 99, Porsche in 00 and has been won by John Heinricy (tommy archer equivilant) in a factory funded by GM ever since and has led every lap until 2005. For a brief period in 2001 & 2002 Bobby Archer took a run at T1 and even earned a pole position in 2001 but never led a lap and didn't compete at Runoffs in 03 or 04

SRT10 Viper 3560lb 40% restrictor
Z06 Corvette 3280lb -0-% restrictor
GT3 Porsche 3165lb -0-% restrictor
C6 Corvette 3380lb -0-% restrictor

So that's how it stacks up hope you enjoy the race and we plan to make everybody a bit prouder next year ;)

sbw

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the race:-( Couldn't believe the 350lbs they added to the SRT/10 and 40% restrictor.

They announcers should be tell the folks that during the race

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the race:-( Couldn't believe the 350lbs they added to the SRT/10 and 40% restrictor.

They announcers should be tell the folks that during the race

He he.. ;) Yeah I know what you mean, but to tell you the truth... If they ran the cars heads up (with both cars getting suspension kits or T1 kits) we'd FREEKIN KILL 'em! :bonker:

Then the Corvette guys would REALLY have something to cry about... :2tu:

This was the first lap of the Runoffs race and the way EVERY T1 race should ALWAYS look :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
You must be registered for see images

sbw :usa: